Indoor Sneaky Summer Garage Grow - To The Deep Freeze and back again!

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lots of hash.
Hi everyone, I've been on the dark side of the green curtain for the last couple of years (= not growing), but all things are in cycles so here we are back at Day 1 again.

I'm still using my old, well packed away in storage, grow kit. This is a 80x80x160cm Secret Jardin tent, 250w HPS & separate MH bulb. I also have a couple of other little CFL & LED lights lying around, but they are more for seedlings / fillers, rather than another main light. Not sure if I bought a full spectrum bulb just before my last grow, so will have to look at what my stock is. Passive in vents, with a 125mm Ruck & filter, stepped down to around a quarter for the minute & then up to half for the main event (this kit is a little too large for my tent, but I went with the reasoning that larger kit ran at a lower rate would be less noisy & more cost effective than the recommended kit run at full tilt all the time & would advise others to do the same).

Lazy = Yes, PHing etc blows = Yes. So, I took what I hope is going to be the easy option & went for an all in one mix. I've heard good things about https://ecothrive.co.uk/ & their products (although that was a couple of years ago), but it is a UK specific range so might not be the most well known around here.

Ecothrive-Eco-Life-Living-Soil.pngEcothrive-Life-Cycle-group.png

I've also bought their Life-Cycle 'Amendment', which can be added as a top-dressing in your grow window or added after to be reused again. I'm sure there'll be something else I'll need to get, but hoping the AIO just works.

That leads me meanderingly around to seeds. Just before I stopped growing I splashed out on the most expensive seeds I've ever bought. They weren't crazy money or anything, but £100 {or there about) for seeds is big money to me. I still won't be telling my other half what I spent on them, no way lol 🦖. But I have always been a sucker for a Purple Plant & the Dragon Range, so when some Coal Miners Daughter regs came on offer I snatched 10 to the UK (and then put them on ice for nearly three years).

So planted is...

2 x Coal Miners Daughter Regs from Gnome Automatics.

2 x Emerald Fire OG Auto Fems from Humbolt Seeds.

2 x Skywalker Haze Auto Fems from Dutch Passion.

1 x Forbidden Runtz from Seed Stockers.

I ran out of little puks to put the seeds in at that point, so I stopped at seven.

The Runtz & Emerald Fire's will be run as side plants, in 2-3lt pots or there about. They are backup's in case the CMD do not germinate / have issues etc, at least I'll have bud at the end. If the CMD are both fems they get the big pots (25lt), otherwise the Skywalker Haze gets put in.

Soil gets delivered tomorrow, so hoping the final two come up for then & I'll get the proper lights on.

20240716_184644.jpg20240716_184701.jpg20240716_192356.jpg20240716_192403.jpg
20240716_192521.jpg

First day down & the soil has arrived. All plants have been upgraded to the new medium. We're waiting on 1 CMD & 1 Skywalker to get their heads up. Shouldn't be long now. Big light on tomorrow.

20240717_200606.jpg

Day 5'ish.

No pics today as there's still nothing much going on, but all the seeds have popped & are in pots with their heads up. They spent a day or so under my little CFL, but I've now whapped on the 250w MH.

I've decided to do things a little differently than first laid out above. Probably heading myself right into trouble, but all done now, so we'll just wait and see.

The 2 Skywalker are sharing a 25lt pot, the 2 Emerald are sharing a 25lt pot, the 1 Runtz is in its own 10lt & the 2 CMD are in 1.5lt pots until they show sex.

Day 21'ish.

So lazy with this grow it's criminal. All plants are fems btw.

This was taken a few days ago. Fricking fan just blew. Modern fans are not built for the long haul.

The HPS is going in tomorrow probably. Have a good one folks.

Growing nice! Have you tried computer fans? They are built to last a long time running continuously. Pretty cheap too. I have a couple mounted with zipties just to keep the air moving.

Another day where I can do an update.

We're in or around day 25 & going well. Not had any issues with the soil yet, no signs that additional feed is required.

Really have to change that bulb.

1000063123.jpg

20240815_174015.jpg

Growing nice! Have you tried computer fans? They are built to last a long time running continuously. Pretty cheap too. I have a couple mounted with zipties just to keep the air moving.
I have used them in the past with varying success, but I'm not a fan <--- :) 😀 of cabling them up.

Changed the bulb yesterday & can now see how little I've looked in on this.

A proper fullon male in the midst

20240817_181305.jpg20240817_181236.jpg20240817_180813.jpg20240817_180759.jpg20240817_180710.jpg20240817_180627.jpg

Back