Indoor Seeking Ventilation Advice ...

Chester

Honey Hugger ...
Reaction score
In the near future I will be converting a 6' x 2' x 8' closet into a dedicated grow space ... closet will need to be extremely quiet but with enough moving air to keep about 800 watts of LEDs cool ... I have no experience w/ filters and exhaust fans etc ... I want this closet to be done right w/ the ability to run 24/7 'silently' w/ potentially a fan speed controller that is controlled by temperatures ...

I don't know what type of exhaust fans and filters would be best based on noise output and longevity or size ... any input will be appreciated ...
:toke:

A high end bathroom exhaust fan is going to be your best bet for quiet hot air extraction. Not as effective as an Inline fan, but infinitely stealthier.

Soler & Palau fans, IMHO unbeatable for low noise and power consumption. Not cheap but in this case I think you get what you pay for.

Where are you venting to, the outside or inside the house? And can you place the filter and fan outside the closet?

800 w plus whatever else electrical you have in the closet, say 900 w actual, in 96 cubic feet of space....30 air exchanges/h minimum, say 3000 cf/h..... And the filter should be able to handle this flow of course.

Regarding carbon filters, I'm a miser so I get big ones as the price per kg carbon is what I look for and it makes the replacement intervals longer, space is a factor for the size of course. I use Can filters, but would be comfortable using any of the usual brands, Phresh, Rhino, PrimaKlima, Phat, etc, but stay away from the cheap brands.

Just
2cents.gif

I'll be venting into a house ... the house will have AC so I want to keep it a closed system .... I'll look into the fans y'all mentioned ... thanks ....

Make sure u keep a box fan at waist height to expel hot air out of the direct room to. Will help. I had a room they didn't have central air duct so I pushed it all into my living room with a box fan

Back