Indoor Second Auto Mystery Grow

In these early days it wouldn't hurt to keep your RH up near 60% if possible. Also when running LEDs you should target 80° for temp.. just some suggestions..

Excellent! I actually missed a fairly key point. I mist with worm tea too, every morning (for me, not for the plants).

Also, [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] is no more. He showed what I believe are balls, and I don't want seeds in this batch. I'd like to see what I've learned so far from my first auto grow, and see if I can get some good buds out of this. So, RIP [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG].
IMG_20170411_091304.png

April 17! Day 39! These 3 all showed me their female preflowers, I can safely say I was right in culling [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG], as he was DEFINITELY male. No pollen dropped, and I sprayed the tent with water just in case. Here's hoping for no hermies! So, [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] is no more. Chopped and made into a wonderful gruyere and crimini frittata.

Some of the leaves (3) started corkscrewing since the last water, I'm almost certain it's from too much N. Everything (out of tent) looks nice and deep green.

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and 2 are showing JUST like momma, big fat leaves, some 7 pointers. [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] shows more like daddy, smaller, thinner leaves.

All have undergone some LST. Just the main stalk. So far.

April17.jpg

April 24, Day 46!

A "normal" light update. The corkscrewing of some random leaves leads me to think too much N. But not enough to make me worry. This is 2 days after a heavy soaking with water and molasses. Pots are still pretty heavy, so it will likely be 2-3 days before another watering. This is 1-3 from left to right.

April24.jpg

Day 62 update!

Ok, so I am wondering why these ladies are so slow. :p Yeah, I'm probably just being impatient. :p They've been on 18-6 light schedule their entire lives. All of them are showing female parts, TONS of little bitty buds everywhere, and they stink BEAUTIFULLY. #1-3 left to right, with a focus on one of the MANY 9-fingered fan leaves... These leaves are bigger than my entire handspan.

May10.jpg

Ok! So flowers are appearing fast and furious, but the plants have also grown to within a foot of my 300w LED panel, which I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT raise any higher. If they get too close, they'll get LED burn. Is it ok to bend the tops down again at this stage?

DAY 76 UPDATE!

Ok, so if you've been following, these are #1-3, left to right, with a group shot inside my tent, that will probably not be housing 3 of these again. This is just BEFORE watering. I hate taking pictures after because these ladies sure like to look droopy after their drowning. :p

All they have received is my own "super soil" mix, and plain ol' tap water, with my own worm tea, and organic, unsulphured molasses.

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and 2 are showing tons of tiny single buds, no seeds, no hermies. They appear to be about a week behind [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG], which is weird because they've all had the exact same treatment, and popped the same day. Nature is grand.

[HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] is getting buddy!

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is about 100cm, [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]&3 are about 115cm now, from floor to tips.

Also, regardless of circulation of air (I have 3 fans), some of the bottom leaves are falling off. I'm sure this is just part of the plant's life cycle, as the new growth is wonderful, and nothing other than large old fan leaves are falling off. No mold or anything like that.

Question for you... I've been tucking the major fan leaves under the bud sites, but I'm wondering what people's experiences with chopping those leaves at this point would do? I'm not concerned with timeline, just quality, humidity control, etc..

May25.jpg

the bushy one on the left, maybe defoliate some, they are still growing flowers so go easy, and if you need to bend them from light do it a little at a time, at their size stiff stalks will want to snap

I'm not big on defoliation but you could take a few leaves mid-plant on the one on the left. And those are some slow autos! Try dropping the light period to 16/8 or even 14/10, they might speed up flower production. I'm guessing these are F2 or F3 autos that are actually "semi autos" with the photo period genes still having influence.

Thanks guys! I did chop a FEW leaves (maybe 8 from each, and only the huge fans from the centre stalk. The light can get through all the way to the bottoms now, which is excellent.

I've thought of reducing the light cycle, and I think I'll do that tonight. They are slow. But I'm not concerned with timeline, as much as I am with quality.

Back