SANlight sanlight EVO 140 and 60 series perpetual grow with biotabs Dutch passion kerosine krash sssc and seedstockers

I am doing OK bro, you?
Busy getting myself organised for working away, need disclosures done and also register with other bodies to get the contract. Better pay off cost me the best part of 2K for these registrations ontop of my existing overheads.
My light also going back for a warranty claim, at my expense!? Lol. Just out of 1yr full warranty. Not too happy about it, but what can I do? Cheaper than a new one which I can't afford just now.
Cheers
EP3
Sorry to hear about the light mate, that is a pain to say the least. Good luck getting things sorted. Is the failure screwing up a grow for you?

Hi Tom. Great looking buds there. Quick question, You said you found that the soil was not keen on the being too wet. What would be your advice on using the autopot with it? Thinking about it because of work and not being at home 3 maybe 4 days? Light going back to manufacturer, they are being OK and I only need to pay to get it to their repair centre in UK.
:pass:
EP3
if you could get it id maybe buy a small pack of clay pebbles and put a very small amount at the base of the pot I just felt it may of helped with drainage but only my biggest girl I've found was really having issues you could maybe instead of the pebbles mix a small bit of perlite in with it but id like to get @Mañ'O'Green or @pop22 or @Olderfart opinions on it
I have no experience at all with autopots, but I really wouldn't mod the soil structure at a certain level.

I'll throw this out and see if it sticks and if anything, I'll learn about auto pots.

If they function as I think, I would run the watering rate to give an over all more dry level to where you have to manually add water like every 4 or 5 days to top off and fully water the girl.
I grow in soil. I try to think about what is the most natural way to grow. In nature, that structure doesn't exist. If you were growing outdoors in a regular garden, what would you do if your soil was too wet? I'd lower the watering rate. I played with some emitters many years ago and it worked well, but with rains, I'd have to adjust the system.
I dunno! It's just what makes sense to me. Please correct me if I there's something about auto pots I don't know!

Sorry to hear about the light mate, that is a pain to say the least. Good luck getting things sorted. Is the failure screwing up a grow for you?
Thanks my man. They are still filling out, probably annoying me more than them. It just sort of jumps up and down in brightness sometimes a little other times more, thank goodness it's not the boards at fault.

Thanks for asking.
EP3

Thanks my man. They are still filling out, probably annoying me more than them. It just sort of jumps up and down in brightness sometimes a little other times more, thank goodness it's not the boards at fault.

Thanks for asking.
EP3
There are times when I feel pretty good about the limitations of my DIY arrays - at least the fix is never very far away. And cheap. :biggrin:

I have no experience at all with autopots, but I really wouldn't mod the soil structure at a certain level.

I'll throw this out and see if it sticks and if anything, I'll learn about auto pots.

If they function as I think, I would run the watering rate to give an over all more dry level to where you have to manually add water like every 4 or 5 days to top off and fully water the girl.
I grow in soil. I try to think about what is the most natural way to grow. In nature, that structure doesn't exist. If you were growing outdoors in a regular garden, what would you do if your soil was too wet? I'd lower the watering rate. I played with some emitters many years ago and it worked well, but with rains, I'd have to adjust the system.
I dunno! It's just what makes sense to me. Please correct me if I there's something about auto pots I don't know!
Thank you. Would you say a soil girl could survive 4 days in full flower in around a 25-30 L pot?
Cheers
EP3

There are times when I feel pretty good about the limitations of my DIY arrays - at least the fix is never very far away. And cheap. :biggrin:
If it was older I would have replaced with a new potentiometer.
Cheers,
EP3

Thank you. Would you say a soil girl could survive 4 days in full flower in around a 25-30 L pot?
Cheers
EP3
I think even a big girl would be fine with that much water.
With that much water available, I think you could dial back the water where you would need to hand water a little to bring back the pot to a fully watered condition after a few days
Another thought on watering in this fashion. I'd rather feed less water and have to add by hand every few days, than to come back to a VERY over watered girl because something changes while you were gone and she slows her drinking. By watering less that the pant needs, if something does occur like that, the overwatering won't be as severe.
I guess that's just a few of the things ya have to think about when you leave for a few days. I'm glad I don't have to do that! LOL! I'm too much of a control freak on growing. I'd need be able to command Alexa to control the lights and environment! LOL!
"Alexa, up the exhaust speed by 10%!" :biggrin:

It's just my thoughts. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me so I can learn a bit.

Last edited:
No, putting pebbles or any other "drainage material" in the bottom of pots is a myth, can contrary to the laws of hydraulics, which states that the interface between dissimilar materials will RESIST the flow of water untill gravity is overcome, so in auto pots it actually hiners the flow of water into the medium!

If your using soil and it seems to hold too much water, add some coco coir and or perlite to your mix. What's already in your pots you just have to deal will. If it seems too wet, set a fan down low and let it blow across the surface of the pots. Evaporation will pull air into the soil providing oxygen.

if you could get it id maybe buy a small pack of clay pebbles and put a very small amount at the base of the pot I just felt it may of helped with drainage but only my biggest girl I've found was really having issues you could maybe instead of the pebbles mix a small bit of perlite in with it but id like to get @Mañ'O'Green or @pop22 or @Olderfart opinions on it

There are no pebbles in this auto pot!

Shining silver haze pic1 -10-23-2016.jpg

No, putting pebbles or any other "drainage material" in the bottom of pots is a myth, can contrary to the laws of hydraulics, which states that the interface between dissimilar materials will RESIST the flow of water untill gravity is overcome, so in auto pots it actually hiners the flow of water into the medium!

If your using soil and it seems to hold too much water, add some coco coir and or perlite to your mix. What's already in your pots you just have to deal will. If it seems too wet, set a fan down low and let it blow across the surface of the pots. Evaporation will pull air into the soil providing oxygen.
thanks pop and if I'm honest I'm going back to coco for sure after this but growing with sohums has been an experience for sure and I prefer to have a lot more control and that's what coco gives me also I want to thank everyone for all there advice plus I was worried about getting bugs with soil and I can safely say I haven't seen any and the only issue I had was with the smelly roots

Back