Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sam’s Crack / Gold Glue / 3 Bears OG
Welcome to Mephisto Sam’s Crack Grow Diary

Starting this Journal almost a month into the Grow but we have a ways to “grow” and not much info available on Mephisto Sam’s Crack so figured this thread would add to knowledge base.

Also, this Mephisto Sam’s Crack Gal is entered in the Mephisto Grow Battle https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-grower-of-the-year-2019.68762/ and there is a Journal there but that Journal is not as complete as this one will be ..... I felt the need to share as growth is even beyond my expectations or wildest dream - What a wonderful specimen, IMO.

Seed: Mephisto Sam’s Crack
Medium: Coot’s Organic Living Soil https://growingorganic.com/soil-guide/coots-soil-mix/
Starter Pot: RootMaker
Final Container: 15 Gallon Sub-Irrigated
Nutrients: Zero / None - NO BOTTLED Nutrients - Kicked them out of this grow but EM1, Mammoth P and Organic Top Dressing along with some coconut or aloe added to water.
Tent Size: 28”x53”x72” (shared with 5 other Gals but soon to be just 3j
Light: Optic 4 - 400:Watt running on a 2.5 foot LightRail - Supplement Optic 1XL 3,500 for Flower will be utilized.
Co2 Supplement: Yes the Bag Stuff $35 from Amazon and my meter says it works
Special Sauce: Worms - World’s Best Gardeners

Other equipment include Green Air Atmospheric Controller from 1984, Sun PAR Meter, Fans, Co2 Monitor, Spray Bottles, Eye Protection, Tent 28.25” by 53” by 72” high and few other tools like a custom made dipstick to check water irrigation chamber, a popsicle stick to poke at soil, pup-tent stake pegs for Love Stretch Training (LST) ....

One Seed was soaked in water spiked with some SCD BioAg Probiotics for 8 hours or so, then she was popped into a nice prewarmed pot and put into humidity dome with warming Matt and soil temp probe, no paper towels just popped into the dirt in that prewarmed premoistened root-pruner pot .... that was on January 20th .... Water used was rain water - PH was around 6.8 and TDS was a low 23 PPM ....

Seed soaked January 20th and popped about the 26th ... today is February 17th so about 3 weeks since she open her eyes ....... there’s going to be a lot of pics so starting in chronological order here’s first few pics .... I’ll be posting today / night until I get up to date .... Thanks for looking!

January 20th Thru February 4th Pics .... Sam is up and growing:

2734A5B4-95B0-4AE6-94CD-E83936C7C897.jpeg

EDITED: First Pic of Sam’s Crack taken on January 26th at 11pm: Making her 22 days old when Journal was started, see pic dated February 17th, unbelievable 22 days growth and she has NOT been TOPPED or FIMMED or CUT in any way, just LoveStretch Training .... Mephisto has a monster on their hands .... hope Mephisto releases Sam’s Crack, I want more seeds, this plant is Flippin Awesome!

Here’s baby pic:
48BE8840-E451-441E-BB7D-1596EC64E0B9.jpeg

Last edited:
February 5th thru the 11th .... Sam has went from starter pot to final and she has a VERY FINE SET of ROOTS, just what we were hoping for using the RootMaker Starter Pots ..... I’ve always planted straight into dirt, even developing a paper roll method to help keep seed moist during critical germination period but gotta say all previous methods I’ve used over 45 years of garden experience can’t hold a candle to the RootMaker - I’m telling ya they are the real deal:

CA7D9F57-BA89-418E-B274-B83C032AA0F2.jpeg

February 12th ... Plan was to cover soil with mulch but then noticed I wasn’t getting the capillary action needed to make the sub-irrigation work properly ..... So added a plastic cover over the mulch / compost so as to add condensation to the mix ..... How the heck will the benefits of the mulch / compost help if no water flows thru the compost so plastic cover added on the 12th ..... so far not much happening but there is, a super Nice root system is starting to take hold ..... here’s pics from the 12th!

4E539C8B-6413-43B6-AF4A-958F50C9777B.jpeg

Last edited:
February 12th - Evening 10pm ..... Plastic Mulch Cover turned over as condensation was not forming with white side of cover up ...... We also are st the beginning stages of LOVE-STRETCH-TRAINING, LST some call it .... I call it Love and Stretch cause I’m just gently stretch the cola bud in direction I want it to go but gently stretch and keep low so as to allow bud sites to grow

08DB191D-CEAD-42C6-A1E3-121A3B70170D.jpeg

February 13th ..... She’s liking what’s happening and roots are starting to grab and condensation under plastic cover is dripping thru compost placed on top ..... Soil loaded with worms, eating away making poop .... Gentle LoveStretch work in progress - She responds very well to a little lovin’

9879CEC5-3E5D-41EC-A070-CACE039A6AD4.jpeg

Last edited:
February 14th early morning pic 7am ..... Sam LOVES the Lovin’ along with few other benefits she’s receiving- Growth is picking up, roots have to be spreading like crazy ..... I’ve given her no bottle nutes but have added EM1 to her rain water.
I have slightly increased light given by adjusting rail so as to give her little more time under the light ..... She’s up to between 475-575 PAR at 5,000K with some drift from a COB 3,500K but when her 400 Watt is off I only get PAR 95 or so in drift from the 3,500 K light but it does help as I’m training her to grow towards the stationary COB at opposite end of tent and she is lovin’ it
824B465C-A5B1-43CC-95F4-4EC6F2FEDE5D.jpeg

Last edited:
February 15th Firday Evening ..... Hard to believe the growth spurt she is putting on ...... By now I’ve realized the fan is lifting the plastic mulch cover so I’ve laid some damp kitchen towels over the black plastic ..... towels will add some humidity and keep plastic cover down I only hope the condensation continues underneath raining down thru the mulch and kelp and straw and few other amendments like malted barley and alfalfa which worms love, by the way ..... happy worms makes for happy soil and that makes plants happy - just gotta give them some lovin’ ....

we’ve now switched from using pipe cleaners to tent pegs for our LoveStretch Training ..... Tent peg hooks nicely around stem and gentle pull and weighted down with old 3/4 full paint can as we are training her up a hill ..... Note old pipe cleaner still underneath, that will get removed soon! New bud sites froming from what normally would be popcorn bud sites - these sites will have big stems to carry plenty of food for new growth .... while keeping plant canopy fairly even.

CCB23A09-E2F9-466D-8F5B-1D4FCA023934.jpeg

Last edited:
February 16th - Saturday Night ...... She is growing so much I can’t even believe my eyes .... Color is unreal and super healthy .... Added some Mammoth P to the water and some coconut flakes but light amounts of each, she is doing so well in her soil and getting small amounts of food slowly from the top dressing of compost and worms ..... Living Soil, right light setup, atmospheric conditions, right genetics, and love are making this girl very happy ..... here you see some lovin’ with pegs holding down fan leaves to let the bud sites thru and continue gentle stretch on cola

73EC6F5A-11E8-49CA-A575-E6F4B4B45716.jpeg

B1F58649-522B-463E-98D6-D8B4347F5A78.jpeg

ADE424D4-06C5-40C6-99D0-510D6ADD0839.jpeg

Last edited:
February 17th - Noon .... This OldMan believes Mephisto has as a Winner with Sam’s Crack and this girl maybe a Winner in the Mephisto Grow Battle .... Pics were taken around noon today ...... so far nothing fed but water with a couple drops of microbio whatever stimulators EM1 and Mammoth P in the water and soil was top dressed with compost from my worm bin. I’ll do another top,dressing in a week or so with some Organics geared towards preflower / flower stage, can’t wait to watch this girl ..... You can bet she’ll get plenty of lovin’.

D1DE726C-CF17-414B-BCB3-57159EA07EED.jpeg

That’s brings journal up to date as of Sunday February 17, 2019 - Noon ..... Will post a fresh update late night, she’s a growin’ girl!

Last edited:
Back