Reaction score
Hi I have recently started a small plant and it is curently suffering from what I can only guess is a deficiency of some sort. Their is a brown patch on one of the cyldone leafs and they are curling down towards the soil also their might be a slight changing of the green colour of the leafs I have attached a few photos of it growing so hopefully someone has some advice thanks.

FTG-R

Attachments

• 20160219_101843.jpg
    20160219_101843.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 112
  • received_1688215904761142.jpeg
    received_1688215904761142.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_2016-02-18-18-13-53.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-18-18-13-53.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 123
Hey bro. I don't see any brown spots in those pics. Maybe get better pics? They also look soaked. Are you putting water over them? Any nutrients that could fall on them and burn them? Other than that they look a nice colour of green.

How often are you watering them? You could be over watering them or indeed under watering.

More details and we should be able to help you more.

Peace

Hi FirstTime...it's not unusual for the cotyledons and first leaves to be discolored and it's too early in the plant's life for deficiencies. What soil are you using? What strain is the seed? Are you checking the pH? How often are you watering? What's the lighting? The more details you can provide, the better.

It may just grow out. :shrug:

Hey bro. I don't see any brown spots in those pics. Maybe get better pics? They also look soaked. Are you putting water over them? Any nutrients that could fall on them and burn them? Other than that they look a nice colour of green.
How often are you watering them? You could be over watering them or indeed under watering.

More details and we should be able to help you more.

Peace

Hiya dark matter thanks for the reply and I had just watered it ajd if you look on the second picture you can see slight burn of sort and I have am using a potting mix of miracle grow expand and gro and John innes seed sowing compost and
Canna.
received_1688215904761142.jpeg
thanks for the heads up but the pictures may seem to look wetter as it was after watering that I took pictures and I water on avarage about 2-3 times a day as the top soil goes dry and it's dry over a few cm down into the soil :).

I would suggest not watering the leaves. It could stress them with the heat of the light. And water it less.

I would suggest not watering the leaves. It could stress them with the heat of the light. And water it less.
Oh I will try that out and keep you updated as I am reading up a lot and think I am making it sound too difficult as this is my first plant :)

As soon as you water it. Check the weight of your pot. Then when it's dry check the weight again.

This is how you can tell if it needs watering or not by comparing the weights. You'll get there mate. I cut my first ever plant in half an taped it back together and it healed and went on to produce lovely bud. They are a sturdy plant.

Take your time bro.

As soon as you water it. Check the weight of your pot. Then when it's dry check the weight again.

This is how you can tell if it needs watering or not by comparing the weights. You'll get there mate. I cut my first ever plant in half an taped it back together and it healed and went on to produce lovely bud. They are a sturdy plant.

Take your time bro.
HAHA thanks mate and bloody he'll so you didn't get much beginners luck then ;) and sounds like they can withstand quite a lot haha definitely calmed the nerves mate thankyou

Back