Mephisto Genetics Rookie does first MG grow - 2 skywalker

Day 40

Two side by side. The tall lanky one is 28 inches. Still happily following Tang's simplified AN schedule.
20180318_102230.jpg

Skinny Girl Front and top Shots
Leaves are so skinny and canopy is thin so light to bud sites down stems is super easy. I dont have to touch this plant at all.
20180318_102239.jpg

20180318_102433.jpg

Shorty Front and Top Shots
She is behind in flowering. And a bit to bushy. I did some tie down LST after the picture to spread her out more. And put a second autocob on it so both lights are working the perimeter of the plant to encourage more flowering on the outside and lower sections.

20180318_102250.jpg

20180318_102328.jpg

Day 40

Two side by side. The tall lanky one is 28 inches. Still happily following Tang's simplified AN schedule.
View attachment 879108

Skinny Girl Front and top Shots
Leaves are so skinny and canopy is thin so light to bud sites down stems is super easy. I dont have to touch this plant at all.
View attachment 879109
View attachment 879112

Shorty Front and Top Shots
She is behind in flowering. And a bit to bushy. I did some tie down LST after the picture to spread her out more. And put a second autocob on it so both lights are working the perimeter of the plant to encourage more flowering on the outside and lower sections.

View attachment 879110
View attachment 879111
Looking pretty happy brother! I am glad you are doing well. I would start to pluck a few leafs off of the bottom of them. They will be useless soon enough and it makes for better airflow/access to water. I need to do it to some of my own Plants soon too. Good luck man, will be following.

Looking pretty happy brother! I am glad you are doing well. I would start to pluck a few leafs off of the bottom of them. They will be useless soon enough and it makes for better airflow/access to water. I need to do it to some of my own Plants soon too. Good luck man, will be following.

Roger that Slow. I was wondering about doing that. Trying to keep my hands off them as much as possible, but also do the little basic things that make a difference. So thanks for looking in and passing on that nugget of a tip.

Last edited:
Nice plants.

I like the camera in the room to check on them. Genius. lol

I first bought that to have a remote way to check temp and RH on the hygrometer in the tent -- and using a camera viewing app that works on my phone. Came in handy quite a bit while I was trying dial in the tent over the winter. My tent is not on my property but close by. Then I started to use it to zoom in on plants, which is a good bit of fun actually. Even has infrared for lights out viewing!

Day 46

Plants are cruising along. getting some nice white flowers. Not much work to do with these two, especially the tall one. I defoliated the short one quite a bit to make room for light to hit bud sites. Tangs easy schedule is very easy. Not looking at pH or ppm at all now. Mixing my medium hard tap water with RO 50/50.

Two side by side at 30 inches and 24 inches tall

20180324_103551.jpg

Tall one

20180324_103223.jpg

20180324_103604.jpg

Short girl

20180324_103342.jpg

20180324_103614.jpg

Day 56

I was using Tangs easy schedule and using Carboload. That crap is like liquid sugar and its super gooey and slimy. I did not realize how bad that is for irrigation systems like the autopot system I used. It clogged my line and I didn't realize it and there was a good 24 hours where the plants were getting nothing. I noticed when I picked up a pot and it was way too light. The tall skinny girl took the hit the hardest. The skinny leaves are all brown and yellow and were wilted from the incident. Buds went from nice white pistils to brown and red and they don't seem to be bulking up much at all now. The short one seems to have not really suffered.

Both plants.
20180403_081859.jpg

I have been putting a reptile 10.0 UVB bulb on the short one and she started to frost up right after that. So going to continue with the UVB. Getting good frost and buds are dense. My best looking plant so far.

20180403_081941.jpg

Day 62

Well one girl, the skinny one, took that autopot clogging issue pretty hard. She almost died. I could toss it in the composter now but I want to see if she can bounce back more. Too bad because her tall lanky stems and skinny leaves were perfect for a hands off approach and just let her grow with minimal effort on my part. And her pistals were beautiful. The other plant, being the bushy one, had a ton of inside larf down low. I removed a lot of it because of possible mold and I didn't want to waste energy on them. Could have made some good bubble hash but I'd rather have good colas and no mold. She is nice and frosty by my standards too.

Using a UVB bulb as well. And have a more powerful as well that just came in yesterday but I'm waiting for a T8 fixture for it. Also put two autocobs on this plant, pointing and angled at the sides of the plant instead of directly on top. Trimmed the dominant cola as well to get more bud growth down the whole cola. Same Tang Easy Schedule in the autopot res. But I'm top watering the goopy Carboload because it clogs up the aquavalve and lines.

The good

20180409_072831.jpg

The bad

20180409_072840.jpg

Back