Rockwool starter plug

Reaction score
I have a question about using Rockwool starter plugs. I have the large block that it fits into also. I read @Mañ'O'Green grow threads and saw some advice on how to use them. I just need a little clarification.

Pre soak them in light nutrient solution at 5.5-5.8pH

How long does it need to soak? Just until it's wet or sit for a few minutes?

Should I pour solution through it, does it need a rinse for any reason?

Do you need to squeeze them out once saturated or just drop the seed in the hole?

About to do this tonight so I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I only bought a single plug so no packaging or instructions. I didn't see much on the grodan website but I could have overlooked the instructions area.

ow long does it need to soak? Just until it's wet or sit for a few minutes?

i thought it was longer but after checking my self I believe it’s only 30 mins

Here we grow again!

First thing is to calibrate the PH meter. :greencheck:
Mix a gallon of Part A 3g :greencheck:
Mix a gallon of Part B 5g :greencheck:

_DSC3701.JPG

Mix a gallon of equal parts of A&B to 150 PPM, Actual came out at 190PPM, starting water is 80PPM for a total of 270PPM :greencheck:

_DSC3703.JPG

Add 1g of Kelp & 10ml Humic Acid to the mixed gallon :greencheck:
PH that mixed gallon to 5.8 :greencheck:

_DSC3705.JPG

Poor starting cube soak and PH to 5.6:greencheck:
Soak starting cubes 30 minutes:greencheck:

_DSC3706.JPG

_DSC3707.JPG

Label and plant the seeds 1/2 inch deep.:greencheck:

_DSC3708.JPG

Place it the grow space at 80°F:greencheck:

The 10th cube is my water control. I heft it to determine when to water. That way I do not disturb the roots of the seedlings until I transplant them.

Since these are test seeds I planted 3 of each to hopefully get 2 of each to grow out?

The Lab Equipment should be here in a week or two.

Shoot! Thanks man! I knew it was somewhere but I had only seen his new grow threads. I didn't think to look at that other nutrient thread.

Shoot! Thanks man! I knew it was somewhere but I had only seen his new grow threads. I didn't think to look at that other nutrient thread.

That’s the main one that i always remember cause I was just starting out when that was happening so it was super helpful through the whole journal :headbang: :pass:

Back