DIY Rifleman's XL DWC Monster Maker

Hi Ther.. Just quick quedtion on what you use in basket/airpot for media?. Also how far from bottom of Basket do you keep your water level. Dun Same Thing! Why not combine all types of methods, drip, bubble ??! ( Only thing i also do is put a dripper straight into my Rookwool cube, in top of my net pot i put straight into. the dwc tf bubbler.. KISS is only way to go ;)

I can tell you the media can be hydroton/clay pebbles/perlite/rock wool/coco basically any hydro media. Also I doubt the water level is important considering there is a drip ring. ;D

Hi Ther.. Just quick quedtion on what you use in basket/airpot for media?. Also how far from bottom of Basket do you keep your water level. Dun Same Thing! Why not combine all types of methods, drip, bubble ??! ( Only thing i also do is put a dripper straight into my Rookwool cube, in top of my net pot i put straight into. the dwc tf bubbler.. KISS is only way to go ;)

Sorry mate, I missed this somehow. I use rockwool croutons in the airpot and net basket. Water level when full is right at the bottom of the basket. It gets a 15 min top feed every 8 hours, and the roots are filling the res also. Mostly this was an experiment in making something I could leave for a week or more while I go away for vacations. My current plant in it drinks 1.5 to 2 gallons a day, so I could go away for about 5 or 6 days, but would probably nute burn it bad if it did.

Back