Indoor Rifleman's Roost, an Autoflower Deep Water Culture Experience !!!

Hey rifleman how the weekend going? I've got a question? Do you still ph balance your res or are ypu letting the AN line do the work? The reason I'm asking g is my autopot rig is in so I'll be managing the res and running coco so the ph will need to be lower than with soil. Bit I figured if your just mixing your res with no ph adjustment and having picture perfect girls in hydro the coco should be good to go as well

Hey rifleman how the weekend going? I've got a question? Do you still ph balance your res or are ypu letting the AN line do the work? The reason I'm asking g is my autopot rig is in so I'll be managing the res and running coco so the ph will need to be lower than with soil. Bit I figured if your just mixing your res with no ph adjustment and having picture perfect girls in hydro the coco should be good to go as well

pH? philHarmonic? pv//yHair? Huh? Do you mean that thing that ranges from 1 to 14? Not that perverts, the other thing.:woody:

In the buckets I start and keep them at 16 quarts. Last week they drank 16 and 18 qts. I simply add AN+(whatever) and replace the missing water Each day. The big photo girl is drinking a gallon a day and isn't even forming buds yet. :eyebrows: Twenty gallons in that res is just under the basket so I try to keep it between the 18 and 20 gallon mark. I do the same thing with it, in five gallon increments.

So to answer your question, WTF is pH? :thumbsup:

Back History
So you don't have to go back 3 brazillion pages to be up to date if you're a newcomer to The Roost I'll catch you up right quick. The plant you see under the screen was hand raised in a quart container. Moved to a 3 gallon airpot, and finally the 5 gallon airpot with 10 inch basket substituting for the airpot floor. It was put on the dwc rig the same day she was put into the 5 gal pot, Jan 16th. The res was filled with a grow blend and not changed again until Mar 3rd when the lights were flipped and a bloom mix introduced. I do not expect to change the res again until I'm cleaning up after harvest.

Everything I have growing right now are experiments. I'm trying to grow my autos on a minimal diet, And breed seeds. The photo is a no res change attempt, and then my baby sour crack in a quart container under 10.5/13.5 It's all about having fun right? :shooty:

A little bit of lazy Sunday eye candy.

20160313_115906.jpg
20160313_120823.jpg

I was in the tent putting the hairy eyeball on my girls today and noticed something new. She's knocked up! Starting to show her baby bumps. :woohoo1: I couldn't find any on the sour crack but those balls have been rubbing all over her too. One of my 2016 goals achieved. :shooty:
2016-03-15 18.13.38.jpg
20160315_163352.jpg
20160315_163408.jpg

I castrated SDD today. Afterward I took the male parts and wrapped them in plastic and proceeded to give them a vigorous shaking. Fast, then slow, and fast again. Finally as I thought I was too tired to go on they released their reproductive dust all over the inside of the bag, and went limp.

Short story, Dark Devil Fem pollen collected and stored for the next girl I want to knock up. :woohoo1:

Back