Live Stoners RH problems

Reaction score
My problem is low RH (20%) so I bought a humidifier, is it safe to let it vapor directly above canopy level ? (its almost hits cooltube with hps bulb) but the cooltube is sealed tight so it can only hit the glass. Or am I better of put in on the side?
25W ultrasonic humidifier

Setup: 90x90x180cm Mammoth tent
400W dimmable ballast, 400w dual spec bulb
4" Inline vent, and 4"intake for fresh air
Small ventillator for air moving in tent.
Plagron soil and nutes

I've grown in low humidity for a long time. In the past I've tried three different humidifier models inside the tent and outside the tent to no avail. They just didn't change the humidity enough to bother with them any longer. Maybe you will have better luck.

I had mine placed in front of my low screen vent opposite inline fan vent as it sucked the air up traveling over and through my plants on its way out. I've placed them in the middle and also in my 2 drawer file cabinet, where my radiator heater is located. Nothing much humidity wise changed. I would need a commercial unit and they are far too big.

Is your model cool mist? Also keep an eye out for "white dust" created by minerals in the water. That will cover just about everything in a grow space.

Thanks for the reply.
Mine is a ultrasonic (definetly not hot)
I placed it in the middle of the tent, but raised only about 5% rh :/
2of my autoflower's leaves curled up like tacos (almos touched at top like a real taco)
Thats why I bought it.
Problem is at night when lights are off RH goes up to 60% even with inline vent exhaust and fan AND tent ventillator working.
Thats gonna be a problem at flowering I think.

And Im using mine with destilled water/cleared water.

It’s tough to control rh during winter seasons because the air is just to dry in the household I placed a warm air humidifier on the outside of my tent behind the low vent with the vent open and a cool mist humidifier inside my tent which worked significantly well for me because with the vent open the in-line would pull in the air from outside the tent too so I was able to maintain 45-50% during lights on and 40-45 lights off.

It’s tough to control rh during winter seasons because the air is just to dry in the household I placed a warm air humidifier on the outside of my tent behind the low vent with the vent open and a cool mist humidifier inside my tent which worked significantly well for me because with the vent open the in-line would pull in the air from outside the tent too so I was able to maintain 45-50% during lights on and 40-45 lights off.

What about flowering time? 45% isn't much?

Not sure about the ultrasonic humidifier, as my mine is a wick style cool mist, but watch out for algae formation. I got it in mine very quickly, and I now add a couple drops of bleach to the tank at each fill. Problem solved.
Regards, Kyle

Problem was general air circulation. I didn't thought about that, if the humidifier push moist to the air upwards, it will quickly reach the extraction fan and it will pull it out. Now I put the humidifier in the corner of the tent, exhaust fan in the other side on the top, intake fan next to where humid air comes from. Now air can have at least a full circulation before going out on the top. Also got bucket of water in tent under the lamp, and another one outside where fresh air goes in. Managed to maintain 40-45% from 20-22% :D I'm a beginner grower (first grow) and its just amazing when I can deal with a problem when it comes up. Had some problem with light, air circulation, now humidity. I think without theese I wouldn't learn that much so I'm glad that it didn't went perfect for first :D Also very happy that I registered to this site, AFN community is just great :D

I used to put humidifier infront of intake hole outside the tent,it was more efficient than keep it inside tent.try that..

Back