Grow Mediums Rez on from germ . . . The grow

i know i am turning mine on from seed when i get my setup

Nice interesting read. I went with AutoPots for the convenience of being able to travel (work) and not have to tend to the plants daily. I've currently been away 9 days (5days to go) and the plants seem to be doing ok with the older one looking a little pale (but that could be the lights). The 2 on the left are 29 days and the plant closest is 36 days. They are in 3 gal fabric pots with Promix HP/perlite/vermiculite/worm casting/manure compost/Happy Frog All Purpose/mycorrhizae...just about 18 gals of Phd water in the reservoir. I guess you could say this is good test/experiment for me and the AutoPots. The beans are freebies, critical auto, ak auto and purple haze auto.

15ndFFD.png

Fantastic!!! I am about to start a couple new seeds and will try this one of them.

Wondering if i can "turn on" my SIP containers, just planted beanz and i am top watering for now until day 20 or so but after watching this i think i might be able to just add water down the pipe and let it do its thing, thoughts?
20210816_070207.jpg
20210816_070224.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Been extremely busy with other stuff. Grow is still going, into week 11 here. Been keeping rez at .4ec calmag, .7ec mega, for a total of 1.1 ec, z7 always added. Have light burn going on, but can't be helped. Can't move the lights up any higher. Figure still have atleast another 4-5 weeks till done.

Even with the issues, I still consider this a win. As the point of this was to see if I could start with rez on from start, not grow perfect plants. Now it's just a matter of dialing in the rest. This will come with further grows. Definitely going with only 1 plant per grow going forward. Two plants in 5 gal pots is a little unmanageable, atleast in a 2x4 tent. The 5 gal autopots can grow some monster size autos.

Thank you for all the support guys. Looking forward to seeing you guys try this technique and your results.

Cool!!!!!!

I am soon to start a new seed and definitely considering trying rez on from the start.

Hi Carp!! I always wondered about turning the rez on at the beginning. :biggrin:
Watching with interest, things are looking awesome!!
Mom

I have 2 girls in supersoil, and turned the res on from the jump.

Cracked to a tail in water, off into a rapid rooter, rapid rooter into the spring pot (with humidity dome) the day after coming up. Turned on the res.

Rolling a Blueberry Muffin (Humboldt) and a GDP (Ken’s) for this and both were to the post edge in just 17 days.

50/50 mix of Mother Earth and Coast of Maine Platinum soils, then added a little kelp, myco, and some worm castings.

Mixed the bottom 1/3 with concentrated supersoil, and off we went. Girls seem to love the hell out of it.

Last coco run is finishing, maybe 3 more weeks or so, and then it’s all supersoil and res on at start from there.

Back