Lighting Quantum Board 120 Cab Light

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
All right! I've been running a single QB288 board in this cab but the dimensions are too big for a single board. I bought 2, QB120 boards to replace it. The QB 120 is a 24volt, 60 watt board. They need NO heatsink! So at $29 a board and a $16, @$ volt, 5 amp driver, I put this 120 true watts light together for for $74!

Got my QB120s installed in the cab this morning . Later on, I'll build an adjustable rack for them, right now, they are fixed in place by screws. DAMN they are bright! They are running on a cheapo 5 amp, 24V driver from ebay, cost $16 shipped. 1 4000k and 1 3000k. Not choice, but what I could get lol! They'll work fine. This lady has been under about 60 watts of QB 288 until today.

Thats one of my Blue Dragon in a 1 quart yogurt container. The others are a revegging ducksfoot and a Rif Mountain hash plant.

The CFL is for lighting as I work in the cab, saves being blinded.......lol

Breeding cab pic1 -11-7-2017.jpg
Breeding cab pic2 -11-7-2017.jpg
Breeding cab pic4 -11-7-2017.jpg

Update:

My cheap Chinese driver ( here's a lesson for everyone... ) bit the dust this morning. it was severely over heating and then started acting like a strobe light lol. Having nothing else, I decided that running the boards in series on an HLG80H-54 to see if it would work. Being a cv driver, I figured it would be fine. I hooked them up and YES! working just fine. I adjusted the wattage to 85 watts, plenty for this little cab. Just for giggles, I turn it all the way up and hit 118 watts! I think I'll just get another of these for my QB 288.

Now, I'm probably also doing a no no... I have a 4000k and a 3000k in series on the same driver. Seems to be working just fine. I have a lux meter and I'm getting 24000 lux at the top of the plant. I put a piece of black tape in the center of the board and got readings of 37.4 C on both boards.

Breeding Cab with QB 120.jpg
Watts on QB120.jpg

The QB looks nice @pop22 was thinking about them to use for a small herb/salad veggie tent just so we have some greens more accessible then having to go into town during the winter.

The QB 120 is a perfect T5 replacement, with more than double the light at the same wattage, and priced competively. I have a T5 in my living room for house plants and veggy starting. I'm going to replace ther light with a pair of QB 120 running at 30 watts per board.

The QB looks nice @pop22 was thinking about them to use for a small herb/salad veggie tent just so we have some greens more accessible then having to go into town during the winter.

I'm amazed by this little plant growing in less than a quart of soil! The cola/bud cluster at the top is almost as big as a medium size apple! And just as hard!

You can see the amount of bud on this tiny plant!

Blue Dragon - Breeding Cab pic1 -11-18-2017.jpg

Back