Pulse VPD Chart: Leaf or Ambient Temp?

I’m using a PulseOne and their docs specify leaf surface temp. The pulse actually uses the offset between ambient and LST to do the calculations.
It’s in the FAQ’s on their site.

Thanks for the heads up. I read through the FAQ's at some point, but apparently missed that fact. Soooooo much information to process when first getting started! Especially when baked!

Thanks for the heads up. I read through the FAQ's at some point, but apparently missed that fact. Soooooo much information to process when first getting started! Especially when baked!
Yeh, that baked part makes it even more interesting - "Why the hell did I do that?!"

I see that you're in the southeast (fond memories of the mild climate during my time at Ft Benning and Ft Bragg…) - how did you get the RH down to 56%? :)

Yeh, that baked part makes it even more interesting - "Why the hell did I do that?!"

I see that you're in the southeast (fond memories of the mild climate during my time at Ft Benning and Ft Bragg…) - how did you get the RH down to 56%? :)
Crank the dehumidifier, central AC, and leave one panel open in the tent. I tried all kinds crazy shit and that's pretty much the only thing that I found that worked. I can get the room down to less than 30%, but not inside the tent with the panels closed up. Still have the carbon filter going, but house kinda reeks. Wifey is not a fan. Luckily, fall is coming and that should help. However, that brings up other "learning" opportunities...

Fayetteville NC, mild climate? Sarcasm much?... Hot as balls there!!! Never spent any time there, but I've driven through on 95 and played golf in Pinehurst a couple times. My beer would evaporate before I even finished a hole!

Crank the dehumidifier, central AC, and leave one panel open in the tent. I tried all kinds crazy shit and that's pretty much the only thing that I found that worked. I can get the room down to less than 30%, but not inside the tent with the panels closed up. Still have the carbon filter going, but house kinda reeks. Wifey is not a fan. Luckily, fall is coming and that should help. However, that brings up other "learning" opportunities...

Fayetteville NC, mild climate? Sarcasm much?... Hot as balls there!!! Never spent any time there, but I've driven through on 95 and played golf in Pinehurst a couple times. My beer would evaporate before I even finished a hole!
Yes, I was kidding. Lots of heat and RH. Great opportunity to sweat. Same at Ft. Benning, down my Columbus.
Seeing that you're in flower, CW says to keep the RH low. I hope that electricity rates in your neck of the woods are reasonable.

"Wifey is not a fan." - that's a tough one. Hope you can keep things on even keel.

"However, that brings up other "learning" opportunities..." - no doubt about it. This is a good place to ask and learn. I happen to know a bit about the Pulse so I chimed in but there are a lot of folks with serious expertise here.

Yes, I was kidding. Lots of heat and RH. Great opportunity to sweat. Same at Ft. Benning, down my Columbus.
Seeing that you're in flower, CW says to keep the RH low. I hope that electricity rates in your neck of the woods are reasonable.

"Wifey is not a fan." - that's a tough one. Hope you can keep things on even keel.

"However, that brings up other "learning" opportunities..." - no doubt about it. This is a good place to ask and learn. I happen to know a bit about the Pulse so I chimed in but there are a lot of folks with serious expertise here.
Ha! Sarcasm is a wonderful thing! I have a Pulse but the wifi was sold out and just ended up using the AC Infinity and an Inkbird that I had a humidifier hooked up to in seedling/veg. I keep the humidity at 48-50% now. Electric was only up $30 last month, but will probably double that this month. Wifey is cool and understands it is temporary with only a couple of weeks to go. Fall should help!
Thanks and hope you have a great f'n day tomorrow!

Back