Outdoor Pre-Grow Intro

Oh excellent...similar conditions as myself. Be careful with your strains choices in that case then. Finding pure sativas that will finish in time will limit your selection quite a bit. Scour the internet and look for the strains you have incoming, as a few might have troubles finishing in time. And if your conditions are like mine which they certainly appear to be, October is a sketchy ride to be sure(my Oct weather drops like a stone on the 15th guaranteed every year, often the nasty wet cool weather starts on the 1st of Oct).

Thanks for the tip. I had chosen mostly indica dominant strains for this grow with a few sativas that I will give a whirl. I do have the option to grow indoors as my budget is uncapped but I love the sun and all its capabilities.

Here's my next question for anyone willing to jump in. I plan on using different fertilizers and such on different plants. I researched to the best of my ability and this still seems to give me a headache when attempting to figure out what to put into my plants. Here is a list I have in my cart ready to pull the trigger on. Feel free to recommend I add/subtract something on this list.

-Fox Farms Trio Soil Liquid Nutes
-Black Label (Root enhancer)
-Purple Maxx
-BloomBlastic
-Gravity

-Neem Oil
-Diatomaceous Earth

I am 100% aware of the dangers involved in consuming Gravity. I am simply buying it to see what the hype was all about and to push a plant to it's limits. It'll be good for my side by side of the same strain 'Purple'. Where one will receive Gravity while the other doesn't. Should be interesting! Like previously mentioned, I don't necessarily have a budget so if there is something cool you have been wanting to see used but perhaps may be too expensive to use yourself. I'll test out a few products and you can make the judgment if it is worth your while. I know Bushmaster is also discontinued but would anyone be in disagreement that it does not do what it's supposed to?

Hey...I have used the Foxfarm nutes and they work great. I also used the bloom trio and had great results with those as well. The only reason I switched to Advanced Nutrients is Foxfarm is no longer available in Canada. Ive heard of the other stuff you listed, but don't have any first hand info.
I am not trying to steer you away from sativas or sativa heavy hybrids, just saying make sure you do your research and don't rely on breeders finish times in their catalogs.(yes I have been burned heavy before...a Jack Herer stated to be finished on Oct the 15th I cut down with no prefloer on sept the 20th...she was 24 feet around the perimeter and almost 7 feet tall...errmmm yes it sucked)

Hey...I have used the Foxfarm nutes and they work great. I also used the bloom trio and had great results with those as well. The only reason I switched to Advanced Nutrients is Foxfarm is no longer available in Canada. Ive heard of the other stuff you listed, but don't have any first hand info.
I am not trying to steer you away from sativas or sativa heavy hybrids, just saying make sure you do your research and don't rely on breeders finish times in their catalogs.(yes I have been burned heavy before...a Jack Herer stated to be finished on Oct the 15th I cut down with no prefloer on sept the 20th...she was 24 feet around the perimeter and almost 7 feet tall...errmmm yes it sucked)

Yeah I had the wonderful opportunity to see a live guerilla grow in Cali. The sativas were waving back and forth it was biblical. It's a bummer I prefer the stone of a Sativa but absolutely love the physical attributes of a nice dense Indica.

Anyone else have any input on the fertilizers I have chosen?

Reactions: JMQ
Just figured I would add as much information as I could.. With that being said..

I ordered seeds 4 days ago and they arrived today. The distributor had a really great attitude about the whole thing and I am already compiling my 2nd order. ✌️

Four days! That is fast. I wish I could grow a good sativa up north. I tried some Mexican bag seed once and they didn't even start to bud by the time the snow came. Good luck on the grow.

Just a little photo update on my 3 week old Blue Dream auto by HSO. First time grower for the record..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image.png
    image.png
    664 KB · Views: 69
Coming up on week 6.

They're doing great! Blue Dream is the biggest by far, the Purple Kush coming in second, and the Super Lemon Haze in third. All of them have their respected smells and are getting super frosty now. Trichome production began 4 days ago.

Top picture is SLH, middle is Purple Kush, and last two are Blue Dream.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 45
Blue Dream and Purple Kush doing work!

They are all healthy and the buds are getting bigger and trichome production is rapid!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 56
Back