Dragon Meds Portal Automix...Let the indoor LED wars begin!54"X20X34" microgrow

G.Leave

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've been chatting with a few members here about setting up an indoor microgrow to grow out some autos over the course of the winter. The Autoflower portal strains will be my girls for this experiment. I haven't put a plant indoors in over 2 decades so this will be fun! I used to do indoors under 1k hid's and rockwool ebb n' flow tables. This time I have bought a pair of LED's to work with for my tiny space to grow in. I know plants veg just fine in this space, for I have been growing my outdoor girls in here before they go outside under X4 T8 fluro's.

SO here is the setup:

Stealth Cab 54" long X 20" deep X 34" high from bottom of light to top of pot
X1 Mars Hydro 100X3w old style led (180W real draw)
X1 Ledlightseller Ebay 100X3w dimmable (165W real draw)
X4 DIY Airpots 3gallons (trying 2 first with 2 regular 3 gallon pails before dedicating more time to making 2 more airpots)

Medium:
Black topsoil + perlite (70:30 ratio)

Nutes:
AN Sensigrow + Bloom - AN Budy Candy, Carboload, Sensizym, Overdrive, Big Bud, B52, Calmag Xtra, Nirvana, FF Chaching, and possibly voodoo juice and rhinoskin.

Light period: 24/0 until growth stops then timed at 20/4.(question for LED owners....is it hard on the units to run them non stop?)

Next run I will use small peat pots, but I didn't get any in time for the X10 seeds I put into paper towel before they sprouted. 30 hours, all 10 have split their shell. On this run I need some female karma. 2 of the pots I have planted 2 seeds into, and the other 2 I have planted 3. Will keep all ladies even if crowded, unless one is majorly stunted.

This grow is completely non stress. Only to fill the winter months with some smells and hopefully some great medical qualities.

So far the cab is working great. I have an intake fan which has plenty of flow, though I do need to mess with the direction of the flow to get it clipping across the tops of the plants. Work in progress. I have rigged up 2 computer fans that are at light level that vent some heat out the back of the cab. There is also 2 fans that blow across the surface of the lights and into the outtake fans.

I might have to figure a way to vent out the mars light as heat off that light is pretty intense vs the ledlightseller. I have a light meter and the amount of light emitted from both corresponds with the difference in actual output. Highest i've seen so far is 90 degrees. Higher than I want to see, so I will have to work on the setup some more.

Last edited:
Hey brother, hope you don't mind if this novice grower pulls up a chair to watch you adventures.
Sending you much micro cab growing Karma!

~Stick

Hey stick!! Of course I don't mind!! Happy to have you brother!(hope you guys are doing well!!) Novice grower...lol...bud, you have more experience in indoor op's than I do, at least in modern times!! I've never even seen an auto grown under lights before in real life...errmmm.
I am truly the novice in this one. ;) I was planning on call in you and a bunch of other guys that I think would like to see this grow after a bit(unless they find it on their own)

Day One:
Plant update- 5 of 10 have broken the soil, and I see some mounds forming on some others...more very soon! So far so good!! At the level of the plants they are getting around 400 lumens. Solid amount of light for their size I would say! I am going to start calling this day one since most are up and the rest should be by late tonight.

Edit -
Day One late that night:
Plant update- 9 of 10 seedlings have broken the soil. Only a single helmet head to remove, the rest popped on their shell casings.

Last edited:
Nice! Think I have always had 100% germ rates with the Portal's gear.

Using just damp paper towel in a warm place(75-85 degrees) I have had excellent germination rates regardless of the seed used. Usually 95% success. The portal seed stock is fresh, as germ rates were quite quick.

Day 4 - Started actual watering today(rather than 30 sprays with the mist bottle twice daily). I have begun with an ounce per plant daily. Little plants are doing well. No problems at all.

Last edited:
Day 7 - All looking good. Starting to show some different growth rates, and different features. Nice strong plants...Dry environment.....hovering around 90 degrees and 35% humidity. Pics soon if anyone wants to see.

Edit Day 8 - Growing great. A few interesting details. The plants on the ebay ledlightseller side of the cab are growing fastest. The mars hydro ones are staying very squat. Could be just coincidence since this is a non femmed automix I am running. ;) 2 Days until feeding begins! Ive upped the water to 3 oz daily. Tomorrow I will hit them with a good 6oz. Then it will be feed water from there on.

Last edited:
Back