Lighting Poor Man's Grow Light

FANTASTIC! Really nice job. I think I have too much LED as it is, but good to know this is an option for some solid lighting in the future.

U can put them in a chop saw and take the lens out. Great job on it!!!

There's a post on here somewhere of a really nice led setup like yours. The guy took the lenses off though.
that might be mine. <$0.50/ real watt, total of 510 watts from the wall for ~$200 Cdn. Doing it my way does require a bit more wiring though.

the lights.jpg

that might be mine. <$0.50/ real watt, total of 510 watts from the wall for ~$200 Cdn. Doing it my way does require a bit more wiring though.

View attachment 1123210
Nope, not mine, just noticed the dates... My setup is another example though.

Great results!

Are these the same type of bulbs Olden used with the lenses cut off?
Sorry,I missed this earlier. Not sure about Olden’s - These are a combination of Noma 100 and Phillips 100 watt equivalent, half 2700k, half 5500k. The diffusers were plastic on both types and came off easily after prying the glue joint with a knife edge. These are the slightly squatter bulb design with all the leds pointed down. There is another longer design with leds mostly aiming sideways, and these would not work well. I had to take 14 of the longer ones back to the store.:biggrin:

Great job all around! Nice looking and nice yield - over a gram a watt.

Back