Lighting Poor Man's Grow Light

In case anyone may be interested, I wanted to give a final report and a couple photos of the end product. The floodlights worked well enough to leave me with more than enough strong medicine. I’m happy with the outcome!

Some of my thoughts on the LED floodlights:
  • Bulbs are inexpensive and available everywhere.
  • My electric bill loves them!
  • They run cool.
  • Low maintenance and reliable - if a bulb dies (none of mine did), simply screw in a new one.
  • No interference to the radio spectrum (RFI) like cheap electronic ballasts can cause (I’m in a radio hobby) by pissing off neighbors and attracting police.
  • Suitable as standalone for small grows or as supplemental lighting.
  • Easy construction; minimal skills needed to mount electrical boxes on a board or whatever and wire porcelain ceiling lamp sockets in series. Add a couple of hooks, pulleys, and presto, Bob’s your uncle!

The total dry weight was 324g (11.42 oz) from 3.25 plants (one was born a runt haha)

View attachment 1078407
View attachment 1078408
Question is will you use them again?

W
In case anyone may be interested, I wanted to give a final report and a couple photos of the end product. The floodlights worked well enough to leave me with more than enough strong medicine. I’m happy with the outcome!

Some of my thoughts on the LED floodlights:
  • Bulbs are inexpensive and available everywhere.
  • My electric bill loves them!
  • They run cool.
  • Low maintenance and reliable - if a bulb dies (none of mine did), simply screw in a new one.
  • No interference to the radio spectrum (RFI) like cheap electronic ballasts can cause (I’m in a radio hobby) by pissing off neighbors and attracting police.
  • Suitable as standalone for small grows or as supplemental lighting.
  • Easy construction; minimal skills needed to mount electrical boxes on a board or whatever and wire porcelain ceiling lamp sockets in series. Add a couple of hooks, pulleys, and presto, Bob’s your uncle!

The total dry weight was 324g (11.42 oz) from 3.25 plants (one was born a runt haha)

View attachment 1078407
View attachment 1078408
What heights did u use with this light setup?

What heights did u use with this light setup?

Sorry, I’m just now seeing your question. The lights were about 8” above the plants. The plants themselves were not real tall - with the taller branches tied over to even things out.

Sorry, I’m just now seeing your question. The lights were about 8” above the plants. The plants themselves were not real tall - with the taller branches tied over to even things out.
Yea im running 14w real watt led bulb 21 of them pulling 294 with tops off mine like 14inch away

Yea im running 14w real watt led bulb 21 of them pulling 294 with tops off mine like 14inch away

Cool. I moved the lights closer as the plants grew. There wasn’t much heat, and I had a fan blowing across them too. Let us know how it turns out.

I use the same splitters to run 7 10w led bulbs for clones and seedlings lol nice end result bro

the proof is in the pudding my friend a nice little bounty you have there @Olden and nice to meet you growbro im tom

Back