DIY Please help with choosing an Air Purifier for collecting smoke/tar

OM2

Reaction score
Hi, maybe this is not the right place to ask but i'm in a desperate need of a recommendation for an Air Purifier that will collect cigarette smoke and tar.

Does this device even exist? What type of filter should i be looking for, maybe HEPA, fiberglass or something else?

I'm not worried about the smell, so i don't need a carbon filter. Also i don't need ionizers and that kind of stuff. And i don't need those little devices called Smoke Buddy.

I just need something that will work similarly to a kitchen exhaust, without the exhaust ducting :D So i can peacefully smoke cigarettes while working on my computer, without having to go outside, opening windows and losing the heat, without yellowing my furniture and clogging my AC unit.

Please don't judge, i have a love/hate relationship with my cigarettes!
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JP1
Not the answer to what you're asking cause honestly I have no idea, but would it be possible to switch to vaping for when you're inside? May be an easier solution?

Reactions: OM2
Not the answer to what you're asking cause honestly I have no idea, but would it be possible to switch to vaping for when you're inside? May be an easier solution?
Eh, it's not a bad idea but i've tried many kinds of vapes and e-cigarettes, been using them for months trying to get used to them, but personally i don't like them :D
Real cigarettes and joints feel better between my fingers and lips, inhaling and exhaling is better, and i prefer the taste of real tobacco and burning weed. And i like using the lighter :D

All the vape oils i tried had a specific sweet aroma that made me nauseous, the oil would sometimes drip on my lips, and the plastic tip feels weird in my mouth lol.
And i noticed that e-cigarettes only made me crave real cigarettes more because of too much nicotine at once. And since it's never-ending i wouldn't let it go, vaping until the battery ran out and started becoming dizzy and having blackouts when standing up haha. Even had a sticky feeling on my teeth from too much vape.

I would love to get used to vaping but i just don't enjoy them at all. Hard to explain, but in my experience vaping was like drinking a water that never made me stop being thirsty. With real cigarettes and joints i get that satisfying feeling of start & finish, from lighting it up to putting it down, makes me fulfilled :D Not to mention i love rolling joints, it's a ritual!

Last edited:
And i just found this, maybe i'm on the right track. I think HEPA filter is what i'm looking for, but need to do more research.

Eh, it's not a bad idea but i've tried many kinds of vapes and e-cigarettes, been using them for months trying to get used to them, but personally i don't like them :D
Real cigarettes and joints feel better between my fingers and lips, inhaling and exhaling is better, and i prefer the taste of real tobacco and burning weed. And i like using the lighter :D

All the vape oils i tried had a specific sweet aroma that made me nauseous, the oil would sometimes drip on my lips, and the plastic tip feels weird in my mouth lol.
And i noticed that e-cigarettes only made me crave real cigarettes more because of too much nicotine at once. And since it's never-ending i wouldn't let it go, vaping until the battery ran out and started becoming dizzy and having blackouts when standing up haha. Even had a sticky feeling on my teeth from too much vape.

I would love to get used to vaping but i just don't enjoy them at all. Hard to explain, but in my experience vaping was like drinking a water that never made me stop being thirsty. With real cigarettes and joints i get that satisfying feeling of start & finish, from lighting it up to putting it down, makes me fulfilled :D Not to mention i love rolling joints, it's a ritual!
Sounds like you were vaping way too high a nic content and probably not on a decent mod to me. Hubby was the same way but once we got him on a decent setup it worked way better for him. Regardless, good luck finding something that works!

I have a friend who has an actual oven exhaust hanging from the ceiling above his desk with a flexible duct that runs to a window. Seems to work pretty well

I have a friend who has an actual oven exhaust hanging from the ceiling above his desk with a flexible duct that runs to a window. Seems to work pretty well
Hahaha i can only imagine it :D Although that's too much work, i respect his effort to make himself comfortable.

After posting my question i did more research and think i will try with a small HEPA air purifier right next to my desk.
All this time i was planning to smoke on my window but with all the energy prices going up that's a no go.

You're right @Suki813 , i did consume too much. But i tried around 30 oils from different brands and about 5 different vapes, they were all similar more or less. I appreciate the advice though!

I bought the xiaomi air purifier and works well for me, occasionally I open the windows for some air circulation, but I only smoke pure joints so idk with cigarettes :/

I bought the xiaomi air purifier and works well for me, occasionally I open the windows for some air circulation, but I only smoke pure joints so idk with cigarettes :/
Does it collect the smoke completely or just removes the smell? What kind of filter does it have?

Back