Plant not appearing to ripen. Help!

@Mañ'O'Green is the one to ask about deficiencies, but to my inexperienced eyes I would say it looks like you may have a bit of a PH issue, as well as possibly low N or Mn? But again I'm no expert. Taking all the fan leaves may have removed your plants nitrogen stores, since usually they will use up the N stored in the fans during flower.

Your plant looks like it has just faded and is pretty much done.

Add more light or you can cut off the tops and lower your light a bit. I have done lots of staggered harvests over the years. It will help the rest finish up a bit faster.

The ts600 does have a smaller footprint listed at 2'x2' for veg and 1.5'x1.5' for flower. Your plant is over 4 feet tall, she could have used more light for best results.

Looks like you will get some good smoke out of her either way. Good luck!

Doh! I was taking that as 70 days to the “end of flowering” cause the seller says “8-10 weeks til harvest”. yep, newbie :doh:
But now I calculate it, it’s been about 77 days since it started flowering.
No worries there lol, happens to all of us. Just remember, those estimates are based on the optimal conditions that the breeders are growing in, I would say most people end up going 2 or more weeks past the estimate. I'd say give it another week or two at least and see where you're at.

The top is done for sure, maybe another week would be ok for top.. the rest can go another 10-14 days imo... Looks good though!
nice job

Thanks all!

Based on all your advice I think I will chop the top this weekend, lower the light a bit and let the rest go another couple of weeks.

Awesomely helpful forum … believe I will stick around! (pun intended)

Building a proper, permanent grow room, the tent I threw together quickly from scrap wood and panda film I already had from our basement fruit and vege propagation room. Originally had the plant in there, but started to smell a bit too much and our bedroom is right above. Wife wasn’t too impressed …

I would chop the whole thing and get another one started asap. We learn along the way but it is not worth wasting the extra time. Just enjoy it and know you will have better grows in the future.

Doh! I was taking that as 70 days to the “end of flowering” cause the seller says “8-10 weeks til harvest”. yep, newbie :doh:
But now I calculate it, it’s been about 77 days since it started flowering.
I am with you I that I read the 8-10 weeks to harvest as a total time for a AUTO.
Like I said earlier not every plant will go full Amber. If you have the time and space chop the parts that are done and leave the rest for a week. If you don't have the time just chop it all and move on to the next grow.

Imo, it would be silly to have put this much time and effort into a plant just to chop it early. Nothing wrong with getting another seed started while this one ripens up a bit more. If you're looking for a more racy high, go for it, but otherwise they tend to bulk up a bit more and you're gonna get a more body high if you wait for her to finish.

Back