Rick:

I have not used SM-90 since I hit on HydroGuard many years ago and was so successful with it; I just stuck with it. They changed the formula a couple of years ago and I was really worried because I depended on it. All is well with the new formula.

I am lucky to have good tap water at ~ 140 PPMs so I do not need RO. Are you adding something like House & Garden's PH Osmosis/Stabilizer to buffer your PH?

The highest my ress has been when I've checked is about 24C. I don't know if that is hot enough to cause root root, but I have alot of bubbles and better safe than sorry, sm-90 is working for me so far.

My tap comes out at 133pm if memory serves, but it still felt better using RO since Advanced nutrients base all their pH perfect technology on RO. For me thus far it really works. pH stable at around 5.8 when all nutrients are mixed. And by the next ress change 7 days later, it's around 5.4 - 5.6pH. So no stabilizer.

I was digging in my nute bin this morning and found a brand new unopened bottle of SM-90. I must have bought it after my last grow. But fecked if I can recall what I'm supposed to do with it. I need a bit of enlightenment lads.

Like Sanguine and RamboGarden said, it works good for me so far. Plenty of healthy roots. And as sanguine said, I use it around 0.5ml/L

Im acsually havent triee it yet, i have run without for a week and i noticed some slime today on one plant. Will get it tomorrow and will add it. So if i wont see any more slime, then it works.

So time for an update. I don't know if the increased cal/mag has worked. The rust spots might have slowed down a bit. But that may also be due to that I havn't removed the sick leaves, so the plants are still eating what's left in them.

I topped the Auto-Bomb at the 5th node to slow her down a bit so the super critical could catch up. And boy did she, she is now the taller of the two.
They have both started stretching. Suped critical auto (the youngest of the two) has drunk about 2L in 4 days and the 390ppm she was given is down to 330ppm.
The Auto-Bomb has drunk 1-1.5L aprox, in 5 day. 390ppm down to 360ppm.
So the younger of the two has gone past her older sister.

Here they both are
1.jpg

Day 33 - Auto-Bomb

1.jpg

Day 23 - Super Critical Auto

1.jpg

Happy thuesday everyone! :smoking:

The highest my ress has been when I've checked is about 24C. I don't know if that is hot enough to cause root root, but I have alot of bubbles and better safe than sorry, sm-90 is working for me so far.

My tap comes out at 133pm if memory serves, but it still felt better using RO since Advanced nutrients base all their pH perfect technology on RO. For me thus far it really works. pH stable at around 5.8 when all nutrients are mixed. And by the next ress change 7 days later, it's around 5.4 - 5.6pH. So no stabilizer.

Temperature in the DWC reservoir is all about the water's capacity to hold dissolved oxygen that can be available to the roots ~ 18°C is ideal and you are less likely to have root problems at this temperature. While I was doing DWC I always used HydroGuard and reached reservoir temperatures as high as 31°C with no root problems.

I am on a water meter, I pay for it by the 100 gallons. RO wastes 66% of the water processed. This is not an additional expense I need. Plus I am to cheap to run AN. :funny:

Temperature in the DWC reservoir is all about the water's capacity to hold dissolved oxygen that can be available to the roots ~ 18°C is ideal and you are less likely to have root problems at this temperature. While I was doing DWC I always used HydroGuard and reached reservoir temperatures as high as 31°C with no root problems.

I am on a water meter, I pay for it by the 100 gallons. RO wastes 66% of the water processed. This is not an additional expense I need. Plus I am to cheap to run AN. :funny:
Let's hope sm-90 works as good as hydroguard then! :D

I hear that man, I would totaly use my tap water if I had to pay for it.
I actually only chose AN due to it's the only "big brand" I could get my hands on, will proboly run them for as long as the bottles last then switch to something cheaper with good reviews. :smoking:

Back