PH Question (Up vs Down)

Collected rain or air conditioner condensate has rather low ppm/salts, and may be an option as the water source.

Water Report
Thanks again for your help!

I thought the same when I read the report. However, I know that if you spill our tap water and leave it, there is a powdery calcium-esque residue. Not an outline of the spill, but across the entirety of where it occured.

i will go one step further and call the water dept to discuss. I will also get a new tester as I honestly don’t know, but I am leaning towards the water report not being accurate due to my observations.

On the other hand my plants in DWC seem to be in their happy place, but the solution is pretty carefully monitored from (my) ADHD perspective........however the first ones I ever planted were outside and sucked hind-tit. The VIP Dwarf Auto is 8 weeks old and is just a fuzzy stick. (Though now I think it is just ruderalis heavy because that’s what I read once) And constantly over 100f, with constant wind around 15mph, and for the longest only watered with tap water that sat to de-chlor Even watering with that gave what ILGM‘s site described as nute burn, though no nutes were added At the time. In my defense I hadn’t found AFN yet.

None of our garden plants grew worth a flip this year or produced except the okra. First time we were almost completely dependent on city water for watering.

My better half reminded me that our water tests for the pool uniformly come back as high PH. We go through a metric ass-ton of acid treating it.

I will revert yet again, because it would seem that something doesn’t add up.

Like This
822652E8-D2DB-4912-854E-E6488F0D7513.jpeg
822652E8-D2DB-4912-854E-E6488F0D7513.jpeg

I’m looking at undersink R/O now, but until I can move forward with that can I use distilled water?

I’m assuming that would have created issues for my soil-based plant outside that never really did much?
Yes, blend your water 2 gal of DI to one gallon of tap and even if your EC pen is correct this should bring it into acceptable levels.
Good drinking water RO units put back some minerals for better taste and should be ok for plants as well. I will look at what they put back.

Back