PARvvslues when 2 DIFFERENT lights

SpaceToteToker

I SEEK KNOWLEDGE! FEEEEEDD MEEEE!!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple lemonade
When u have the par spread of one light, and you have another hanging right next to it, where the light (par map) would you just add both figures together where they would be "crossing"
Couldn't think of any other wsy to explain, so check out my little drawing below .

Again, as iv said before, im a newbie n habe just learned a ViparSpectra P600 by itself, ir NOT enough to produce QUALITY bud,
Yet.....
Bud it does indeed grow, just a bit airy n what looks like an ounce weights a quarter
All biobizz nute range, base plus heaven calmag.

Pk13/14,

Soil,5L smartpot, 2x2x4.

1 1000w QB-L1 led, 1 ViparSpectra P600.

Attachments

• 16326076286202218215483433844339.jpg
    16326076286202218215483433844339.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 34
Yes - light intensities add. So, the PPFD in the overlap region would be the sum of the PPFDs from each of the lights.

You can try using the Photone smart phone app to measure your actual PPFDs. It's reasonably accurate for a free app, but can be kind of hard to get consistent readings - it can be tough to get the best angle between the camera and the light while also being able to see the screen.

I'll add one detail, likely not important - the results will not be precise unless the original par maps were measured in absence of reflective walls. If reflective walls were involved, the overlap area is likely to be slightly less brightly lit than the overlapped maps would indicate.

Reflective walls have a significant effect, especially in small grow spaces.

Good luck with the grow @SpaceToteToker. :pighug:

I'll add one detail, likely not important - the results will not be precise unless the original par maps were measured in absence of reflective walls. If reflective walls were involved, the overlap area is likely to be slightly less brightly lit than the overlapped maps would indicate.

Reflective walls have a significant effect, especially in small grow spaces.

Good luck with the grow @SpaceToteToker. :pighug:
Interesting, Id of never thought of that, n yes bpth vids iv seen on both lights have been done in a small 2x2 space, which is exactly what i have,

Interesting, Id of never thought of that, n yes bpth vids iv seen on both lights have been done in a small 2x2 space, which is exactly what i have,
I am sure you will be fine by assuming that the overlapped map is close enough. The effect that I am talking about would not likely change things enough to matter to your plants. In fact, if both lights were originally tested in a 2x2 space, and you are now combining them in the same size space, the issue I refer to may not apply at all, or could be reversed. The relative contribution of reflected light declines as the growing space gets larger, other things being equal. But they are not equal because you now have two light sources in different positions. The geometry gets a bit messy.

Good luck with the grow, you have my encouragement to ignore my nitpicking. I brought it up more to just raise the importance of reflected light than to suggest that your grow would suffer. :biggrin: :pighug:

Back