Outdoor superauto strain recommendations... and welcome

Hi JimmyB,
nice choices.

There are also other options like Super Stinky and Super Cali Haze by Short Stuff.
And if you're into non feminised superautos I can recommend La Buena Hierba, very resistent plants and nice big buds. Only regular seeds are available.

Hi All:welcome:

This is my first post, i have just signed up after allways browsing these pages and i wanted to get amongst the action of all you fantastic growers. so i hope you all have the time to help me out a little.

So here goes,

I would say im a noobie to autos outdoors. grown plenty photo plants, i live in the lower hemisphere in a place where mold is a problem as were heading into winter, the general temps at the moment are 15 - 25 degrees and the daylight hours are about 14Hrs a day.
I am looking for some auto strains that you could recommend for my next grow that would ideally suit this cooler climate.

I will also be growing organic and in ground or large pots, hight ect.. is no an issue so i was looking at super autos maybe something with a bit more sativa present for mold. Really liking the look of flash seeds at the moment but there has been some controversy with fake seeds being sold over the net. would be good if could by seeds direct from stitch. :worship:

So i hope you all give a second to recommend a strain and help a grower out.

Godspeed:thanks:
Jimmy
How long is your growing season, if long enough auto could finish before the mold and fungus season. I have 90 days in the greenhouse and fall is problematic. The strains that grow tall and or spreading and open have the least fungus potential. I really worry when I see dense bushes with thick juicy forearm thick colas + late finishing = you know what. If you have been growing photos should have plenty of time for autos ripening during favorable weather for resin production. Good growing. Sweet Skunk did good this year, tall (44') and lank, budsites spread out, very few leaves, sun and air surround buds, ripen fast and early, very tasty and potent harvest, not as productive as some but fast and safe, at least in my set up.

Last edited:
How long is your growing season, if long enough auto could finish before the mold and fungus season. I have 90 days in the greenhouse and fall is problematic. The strains that grow tall and or spreading and open have the least fungus potential. I really worry when I see dense bushes with thick juicy forearm thick colas + late finishing = you know what. If you have been growing photos should have plenty of time for autos ripening during favorable weather for resin production. Good growing. Sweet Skunk did good this year, tall (44') and lank, budsites spread out, very few leaves, sun and air surround buds, ripen fast and early, very tasty and potent harvest, not as productive as some but fast and safe, at least in my set up.

Exactly what you say......never thought I would be saying this......but the sight of forearm thick colas now fill me with dread!!!......like in Dutch Passion TD, Ultimate and more of the same ilk.......
120A52~1.GIF

Oh well.......

Exactly what you say......never thought I would be saying this......but the sight of forearm thick colas now fill me with dread!!!......like in Dutch Passion TD, Ultimate and more of the same ilk.......View attachment 528698

Oh well.......
OK, I do exaggerate from time to time, Sharon calls it bullshit. My example is Speed Seeds NL grown in the green house this season. She was pokey, medium sized, thickly leaved, loaded with bud, so slow to finish while all the other girls where quite ripe, still growing and fattening bud when the fungus and mold season hit, and she big and drippy, and wrist sized (wood chopper's and water hauler's wrist lol), sorry about BS. Lost a few g to rot, got her dried and cured. Very flavorful, mild spice with fruit, smooth smoke, good day time being early harvest, not powerful but pleasant.

Welcome orrganic, dutch passion seems like a good choice, auto marzar and thing big look good. really looking at super autos, as the genetics are for larger plants with more mold resistance, and if the conditions are not perfect then i assume the plants would just be slower and not as big ect.. so will still have a fair harvest.

might i ask what country you are from?
:pass:
Good idea better safe than sorry, and Aus my friend. May i also recommend having a look at taNgs youtube channel. he or she (not sure until i thought about it) has some amazingly detailed dp and mephisto grows, the best results from autos i have seen !!(indoors though)

wow i must be lucky i don't have to worry about finishing times ! touch wood but I've never even seen mould on a cannabis plant in my area !

Hi All, thanks for all the imput.
i totally agree with tight colas clusters is just a mold breeding ground waiting to happen.

Where i live you can grow from 1st December till mid March ish, before temps cool and rain everyday is a worry.

The idea behind the super autos was if in ideal conditions it would flourish and produce amazing amounts of nug, but if its cold and not much sunlight ect.. they would obviously be stunted and be smaller producers ect.. but if the same would to happen to a shorter auto with shorter flower times it would be pretty pathetic. also when for the super autos with more sativa for the mould resistance and im sick of indica's hahah.

Has anyone grown autos in there area during winter time and what was the results? temps here in winter will get to about 13c minimum, and i have seen photos of plants surrounded in snow still growing. haha

cheers all!!

If molds are a concern you should get La Buena Hierba's semi-autos.
Big colas with very high resistence to mold, had 4 semi-autos last season completely mold free, well except of few parts with dead insects or bird shit of course and it was not on the colas.

In my opinion LBH strains have top mold resistence(bred outdoors), along goes MuayThai by Stitch but it's got a different more airy structure. Other superautos are not so resistent(maybe Annapurna is) and regular autos are less resistent.
These are my observations from limited but significant experience.

If molds are a concern you should get La Buena Hierba's semi-autos.
Big colas with very high resistence to mold, had 4 semi-autos last season completely mold free, well except of few parts with dead insects or bird shit of course and it was not on the colas.

In my opinion LBH strains have top mold resistence(bred outdoors), along goes MuayThai by Stitch but it's got a different more airy structure. Other superautos are not so resistent(maybe Annapurna is) and regular autos are less resistent.
These are my observations from limited but significant experience.

I cant seem to find LBH seeds. Where can you buy them from, and is there any other breeders that specifically breed autos for outdoors?

Cheers

I cant seem to find LBH seeds. Where can you buy them from, and is there any other breeders that specifically breed autos for outdoors?

Cheers
Take a look at RCMC collective, they have semi-autos and auto guerilla gold #3 crosses which are massive and apparently bred in swamps. So they are good for mould resistance, and produce quite well from what I've seen.

Back