Outdoor Grow Expectations?

Reaction score
I'm very familiar with growing autos inside but have one in the ground outdoors this year and it's doing fantastic. I grew this same Gelato (Greybeard Seeds) over the Winter inside and she took around 72 days. I'm at day 78 with the auto (outside) now and I don't see any fade whatsoever. Is this common due to the natural available nutrients in my garden soil? Will it fade as it ages out? Any suggestions on the final phase of ripening, just go with water until she finishes?

Attachments

• IMG-2716.jpg
    IMG-2716.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG-2715.jpg
    IMG-2715.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
Make sure to check trichomes. That'll let you know. My autos take longer OD

Those are all very good questions. I’ve heard some varying results coming from the graybeard seeds. I’ve used them once and didn’t have any problems but others have typically I grow a lot of autos outdoors as well as indoors and what I found is it if you usually have a pretty solid strain or line from a particular, you know, manufacture, breeder, you can see very very similar results indoors as well as out what I found is on the outdoor grows of the same strains. They typically will take a little bit longer because when we’re running stuff indoors were typically running autos indoors on either 20 -4 light schedule or a 24 - 0 light schedule , so you get a lot more light concentration and penetration. outdoors you know you’re not getting quite as much light but you’re getting natural sunlight so you will get somewhat different outcome typically the color change on them might be slightly different so it’s possible that you just have a Pheno that’s not as colorful.

Back