Just a note, my CJ is Critical Jack from Dinafem. :thumbsup:

Guys, just a estimate opinion needed...
How long without water they can survive? Let's say happy medium environment, I have 20L potting soil in holes, roots can expand into native soil... 7 days?

Last edited:
hard to say just like that, but for my study I have had to do calculations for how much water soil holds, and how long it lasts.
some factors would be what kind of soil, and what it's waterholding capacity is(clay holds more water as sand, organic matter is also good at holding water, so potting soil would probably hold quiet some water too).
then you need to know how deep the plant will root, and you can multiply it with the water in that volume of soil that's available to the plant(some water is too thightly held, but there are these graphs with how much pressure is needed to extract water and you need the amount between 'field capacity' and ' wilting point' ).
then you have an amount of water, and you can divide it by the amount transpired per day(as a rule of thumb I learned that for a field crop here in the netherlands, closed canopy, on a sunny summerday can transpire 5 litres per square metre per day).

it's been a while since I had to do those calculations, but I think the outcome was mostly 1-2 weeks. closer to 1 week for sand, and closer to 2 weeks for clay. but that's assuming you start from a welwatered soil(which is probably the case in spring), but it might not apply anymore later in the season if it doesn't rain enough to fully refill the water in the soil.
and if you're in another climate as mine, your transpiration might be different too.

for my own guerilla I've gotten away with not watering at all, but that was close to a river, with a shallow groundwatertable. so after the first few weeks they reach the groundwater and they never run out of water again.

Last edited:
Ok, If I can join now, I'm game! Do greenhouses count? If so, I just planted my greenhouse a couple days ago. Plants about 12 days old at planting. Blue Dragon

Here's a pic:

Raised bed #1 5-26-2018.jpg

Just a note, my CJ is Critical Jack from Dinafem. :thumbsup:

Guys, just a estimate opinion needed...
How long without water they can survive? Let's say happy medium environment, I have 20L potting soil in holes, roots can expand into native soil... 7 days?

If they’re in the ground they’ll find water mate, unless it’s really really dry.

Thanks for input @fryge and @Vlad The Inhaler !
I want to go there as little as I can, so maybe 1x every 7-10 days, just to give some of them little feed. If it's raining between those 7-10 days, even then not going there. That way I can avoid ticks, I don't want to check myself every 3 days. Because those repelents don't work, I sprayed myself dripping wet, but 1m grass is full of ticks.

Thanks for input @fryge and @Vlad The Inhaler !
I want to go there as little as I can, so maybe 1x every 7-10 days, just to give some of them little feed. If it's raining between those 7-10 days, even then not going there. That way I can avoid ticks, I don't want to check myself every 3 days. Because those repelents don't work, I sprayed myself dripping wet, but 1m grass is full of ticks.

If it’s rained I don’t visit mine at all unless they need topping or more slug pellets. All the other wild plants do ok so there’s no reason why your ganja should need special treatment. They’d definitely benefit from extra feed and water but it’s not a necessity imo. [emoji1365]

Hey guys!! I will admit...I have been getting overtaken with real life duties and havent been able to keep up with everything so far. But i believe i am caught up now!! Just went through the last month's worth of entries and here is the updated list...i am hoping i get some edit powers soon, so i can keep the front page updated from now on. Nobody is in danger of being eliminated at this point!!

May 27th
Playboy mac (auto monster mass)
Blowyourmind (Auto - Berry ryder auto seeds, Zamnesia Cherry Bud)
912GreenSkell (Photo - Green Poison Fast F1, Dutch Passion Blueberry, Delicious 11 Roses)

May25th
Mark87 (photo - Landrace Afghani, Blue Amnesia)
St. Tom (Auto - Heavieweight Jackpot X2, Mephisto Sour Hound)

May 24th
themongol - (Auto - Seedstockers Blackberry Gum, SS Ak420)

May23rd
Konopch (Auto - DP Autoultimate, DP Auto Frisian Dew, DP Auto Cinderella Jack)
Handsintheground (Auto - Dinafem Moby Dick XXL)

May22nd
Alchemy (Photo - DVG Humble Pie X2, Cannaventure Tenessee Kush) (Auto 3- Lowryder [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] X Blueberry)

May 20th
James Rogers
Vlad the Inhaler (Photo - Big Kush, Total Paralysis, Pineaplle Chunk)

May 19th
Dankstyle J (Photo - Skelly Og 1, Skelly Og 2) (Auto - Dinafem Moby Dick XXl, Mephisto Beary White)

May 18th
CaptCold (Auto - Mephisto Deep Blue C) (Photo 3X - Blueberry X Ak47)

May 16th
fryge (Photo A4 S1) (Auto - Wild Thailand Ryder)

May14th
Archaic (Photo - Seedsman Power Africa, Seedsman White Widow) (Auto - Mephisto Orange Diesel)

Ah yes...one last thing...if you are running multiple entries, please post them in a single post, when you do your update. This way i know your auto and photo entries are all there, it just makes it easier for me and my busy schedule. An inclusive post with all of your entries in a single post will make it easier for me to maintain the contest.

Haaa okay one last thing...my inclusive Official Update, with all three of my entries.

Eleven roses nestled under a 4X4 scrog
View attachment 911611

Dutch Passion Blueberry
View attachment 911612

Sweet Seeds Green Poison Fast F1(pre training)
View attachment 911613
dandg I can't view 11R or GP

Back