Outdoor outdoor auto noob

Humidity has been low, good time to shake some pollen out of the boys... and feather it onto a few pistils.
shake.jpg
stash.jpg
feather.jpg

Already have my brother. Thanks

She's quite the smeller.
Things have been coasting along nicely, we've finally been getting some rain around here, but days are still long and hot.
A few calyx's have begun to split revealing the first seeds.
bud - Copy.jpg
I put a simple cage around the plant to deter birds and chipmunks. That said, I've never seen animals go for cannabis seeds, but they'll eat sunflower seeds, peas etc. and I don't want to risk any loss.
cage - Copy.jpg
Some of the larger fan leaves that had been chewed on by slugs? early on look curled and chlorotic. From what I 've read it looks like a magnesium deficiency (chlorotic) and heat stress (curled leaves). Even though my soil has an excess of magnesium I also have an excess of calcium which may be causing problems.
Maybe it's just the plant winding down it's life cycle? I've never had the opportunity to grow a cannabis plant to extra old age before.
I foliar sprayed 1 T/gallon Epsom salts which I hate doing because I already have an Mag excess.
The root system on the boys that I removed hadn't grown much beyond the initial 1 Liter containers that they were in before transplant...so I suspect my girls roots aren't really benefiting from the nutrients in the surrounding soil.
white tips - Copy.jpg
The males that I collected pollen from have dried enough for smoke testing... The first one that I tried had scant trichomes but was surprisingly potent.
males - Copy.jpg
Hopefully there are some seeds on the way!

Swollen calyx's have been turning brown and splitting with ripe seeds inside. Lots of immature seeds still on the plant, due to the long open pollination period.
I tweezed maybe 100 mature seeds off the plant... very sticky work ...makes me wonder if there's an easier way to collect seeds.
Although I've had little to no rain, I did see a tiny bit of mold... something I always seem to get with dense buds like this.
I pulled several nice little green buds off the lower part of the plant for curing.
Lots of baby dragon eggs here... :dragon1:
Stone Dragon Calyx.jpg
Stone Dragon Resin.01.jpg
Stone Dragon Resin.02.jpg
Stone Dragon Seeds.jpg

With warm, wet, humid conditions I had a hard time keeping my plant dry. I wanted her to get all mature, brown and crispy but I started to see seeds germinating right on the plant. Chop time. I hung her up in a dry spot to cure for awhile.
Some of the buds that I harvested weeks ago were initially very skunky smelly... so much that I couldn't sleep in the same room...they've now cured down to a pleasant vanilla, coffee, baked bread hard to describe smell.
I also completed my male smoke tests and have found two potent individuals, notes taken, pollen saved. Nice, relaxing, creative effects compared to the racy Nepali landrace that I grew last year. Looking forward to trying some mature buds from this seed bearing plant.
tails.jpg
cut.jpg

Back