Outdoor outdoor auto noob

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just kicking off an outdoor auto grow journal.
Although I have some experience growing photo-periods outdoors, I have only grown one auto to date which was a commercial hemp seed variety, courtesy of the Overgrow Canada movement.

This will be my first serious auto attempt, my goal will be to produce a good batch of viable seed.

I'll be cracking Autoflower Portal's 'Stone Dragon'.

Big thanks to Portal for the awesome 420 freebies (I could hardly decide what to grow this year), also @912GreenSkell for the grow tips and @Prophetiko for the strain recommendation.

Here we go...

Weather has been unusually warm, and considering the flowering times and the short summer, I figured it was time to pull the trigger on these beans.
stone dragon.jpg

Started the seeds on May 26th in moist toilet paper within a tupperware, 100% germination in 24 hrs.
germination.jpg

Shortly thereafter, with some good tails showing, I put the seeds in 1L? yogourt containers containing a mix of coir, worm castings, sand, and some high quality top soil full of twigs and critters. 2-3 days later, sprouts are up.
sprout.jpg

It's sunshine and water only for now, trying to keep things on the dry side and warm to prevent any damping off. I may hit the soil with a little cinnamon powder for a little insurance.
June 3rd seedling...
seedling.jpg

:greenthumb:sending grow karma! :goodluck:

Looks like tap root central. Louts of luck for a killer crop.

FYI: There is a specific outdoor grow journal if this post doesn't take off.

Hey bud...would it be okay with you if we move this thread over to outdoors? I don't have enough time to surf the newb journal section and i don't want to miss this one!!

Hey bud...would it be okay with you if we move this thread over to outdoors? I don't have enough time to surf the newb journal section and i don't want to miss this one!!
Sure, thanks for all the encouragement. It's going to be a fun one. My internet access is sporadic, but I'll try to keep posting regularity.

5°C at night and almost 2 weeks from solstice...:nono:

I just got my first auto going they are nuts man can't wait to see how yours turn out they grow super fast gotta love them

Update time.
Seedlings have been getting mostly water, but also some DIY fish hydrolysate, kelp (bio-weed) and composted manure tea mix.
Out of 10 plants, 8 are strong, the other 2 are runts, showing reduced vigor and a much different structure including curled leaves and a bronzy coloration between leaf ribs.
Of the 8 strong plants, 6 are showing sex. 5 male, 1 female. That's fast!
They already have a pleasant but faint smell of skunk, coffee and vanilla.
Root balls and scheduling forced me to get them into the ground.
I dug them in with a little composted manure and granular kelp mixed into the soil.
With photoperiods I prefer to get them a little larger before planting, due to insect attack.
With only one female, I cut the top off a rubber boot, pressed it around the plant and coated the outside edge with 'tanglefoot' to keep my nemesis the leafroller caterpillar away.
Although slug populations have been low this year due to the hot, dry weather I still bait them with a flour/yeast/sugar solution.
Let the insect war begin...
01_dragons.jpg
02_close.jpg
03_runt.jpg
04_male.jpg
05_female.jpg
06_rootball.jpg
07_dig.jpg
08.jpg
09_tangle.jpg
10_leafroller.jpg

Back