Outdoor Outdoor Auto Flower Project - Need Help Think I Killed The Plants

Reaction score
I am located in Puerto Rico and have a terrace that gets great sun coverage. The temperature is always about 80-85F degrees, pretty humid but good sun coverage. However, the sun is out about 12 hours a day every day, which is why I decided to use autoflowering seeds and I didn't want them to preflower because of natural outdoor 12/12 sunlight . I started some autoflower seeds 2 Assed Monkey, 1 Golden glue. The plants were looking nice here are pictures of the plants last week:

Assed Monkey 1 Picture Taken 12/11/18 -
About 6 weeks since germination
Started to preflower
7ScA0oz.jpg

Assed Monkey 2 Picture Taken 12/11/18 -
Started to preflower
OlIhfM7.jpg

Golden Glue 1 Picture Taken 12/17/18 -
Had Not started flowering
HsR3B6c.jpg

Second post coming with step by step of what was done to the plants and updated pictures --- they are horrible :(

I was reading that it was good to clip off leaves that were not getting sun and towards the bottom of the plant - so I trimmed about 5-6 leaves off each plant. I also added some PH down as I had done 2 weeks prior as the PH levels were always getting towards the 8 ph mark but the PH down usually brought them down to about 6. In that same water mixture, I mixed a few tables spoons of FoxFarms Grow hoping this would help spur further growth of the plants as they had just grown pretty big over the last week or two and wanted to keep that going. I have since then read that trimming plants that are in the flowering stage can be deadly so I am wondering if that is the cause of this horrible death that is taking over the plants... Am I completely screwed on these? I have another 10 little plants that germinated and are just spouting now so I will have a second chance at this but would love to save these current ones.

Assed Monkey 1
Picture Taken 12/16/18 -
About 7 weeks since germination
The flowers/buds are still alive and green at the bottom however have some browning/burn at the tops of them. All of the leaves are looking very burnt. But the main stalks are still very strong looking.
hdmVo02.jpg

Assed Monkey 2 Picture Taken 12/16/18 -
The Flowers/Buds are still healthy looking but much of the leaves are droopy and brown looking like they will die.
1ZInUqA.jpg

This one has the least amount of damage and I think it was because the pruning was done before the plant really started to bud/flower. I think this one still stands a chance
EdzdxKs.jpg

I noticed after inspecting further that these pots unlike the other ones I have do not have holes at the bottom. I have since then cut larger holes into the bottom and did a watering that flushed out a lot of what could be over-fertilization. I haven't done any watering on them since this as I believe that they are probably overwatered and had very little water circulation being that the pots didn't have holes at the bottom.

What is the best course of action from here? Are they goners or is there a certain action I can take to try to save these to at least yield something. This is my first attempt at growing. Any information would be much appreciated. The state of these plants make me very disappointed I put a lot of time and effort into getting these plants alive and they seemed to be very healthy than almost overnight I wrecked them.

For the next round: I am setting up an indoor hydro grow for the next batch of plants and am going to move them outside after they have a nice strong 24/hr light veg for a month or two.

I defol plants right up till harvest....

Been doing it a long time....:coffee2:

What happened to those plants is not from defol
:pass:

So you think it was just an over fertilization of the plants? I trimmed them then watered them with PHDown + Fox Farm Growth Fertilizer and 2 days later they look like this. Is there a way to save these plants?

You have many problems there and nothing to do with trimming leafs off , and sad to say , -- The end -- you will be wasting your time with them and are better to starting again ,

What would cause these to go to shit like that? If its not from pruning them should I continue to keep pruning all of these dead leaves as the flowers still seem to be in decent shape and to keep flushing out the soil thru the newly drilled holes at the bottom of the pots

The one in the last pic could be technically kept alive but it would be a waste of time in the end.

No drain holes, then adding nutes did it.

Time to toss those....

:hookah:

Sometimes just water an a good soil mix is the best remedy especially when starting out .Just go easy on the nutes friend an start again an with weather like puerto Rico you will be off rmto a terrific start you have plenty of environmental advantages to not use .You got great weather for outdoor cannabis.

I was reading that it was good to clip off leaves that were not getting sun and towards the bottom of the plant - so I trimmed about 5-6 leaves off each plant. I also added some PH down as I had done 2 weeks prior as the PH levels were always getting towards the 8 ph mark but the PH down usually brought them down to about 6. In that same water mixture, I mixed a few tables spoons of FoxFarms Grow hoping this would help spur further growth of the plants as they had just grown pretty big over the last week or two and wanted to keep that going. I have since then read that trimming plants that are in the flowering stage can be deadly so I am wondering if that is the cause of this horrible death that is taking over the plants... Am I completely screwed on these? I have another 10 little plants that germinated and are just spouting now so I will have a second chance at this but would love to save these current ones.

Assed Monkey 1
Picture Taken 12/16/18 -
The flowers/buds are still alive and green at the bottom however have some browning/burn at the tops of them. All of the leaves are looking very burnt. But the main stalks are still very strong looking.
hdmVo02.jpg

Assed Monkey 2 Picture Taken 12/16/18 -
The Flowers/Buds are still healthy looking but much of the leaves are droopy and brown looking like they will die.
1ZInUqA.jpg

This one has the least amount of damage and I think it was because the pruning was done before the plant really started to bud/flower. I think this one still stands a chance
EdzdxKs.jpg

Load to be a complete lock out. Could be water sitting and caused bacteria to grow or could have been the nutes. But you said you added ph down but never to what ph you did. You cant just add you need to be fluctuating from 6.2 to 6.8 on ph so plant has the best chance to get all nutes.

Back