Orange/Brown Spots on Leaves - Day 23

Yeah damage from tucking was my first impression.
Only 1 small area of the one leaf had signs of thrips. Ive personally never actually seen them,even under magnification,and i have very good vision (20/15). I can spot and hunt spider mites with no loupe.
Overall they look good, i would just keep an eye on the one spot and spray some preventative.

Place a white piece of paper under the affected fan leaves and then smack/shake the leaf. Inspect the paper (might need magnifying glass).

If you have thrips, you are still in veg so it's easy(er). Hit them a couple times with spinosad.

Place a white piece of paper under the affected fan leaves and then smack/shake the leaf. Inspect the paper (might need magnifying glass).

If you have thrips, you are still in veg so it's easy(er). Hit them a couple times with spinosad.

Good idea. I have loads of traps but not foudn anything. I will give this a shot tomorrow and spino on Mon. Thanks.

Yeah damage from tucking was my first impression.
Only 1 small area of the one leaf had signs of thrips. Ive personally never actually seen them,even under magnification,and i have very good vision (20/15). I can spot and hunt spider mites with no loupe.
Overall they look good, i would just keep an eye on the one spot and spray some preventative.

Thank you very much.

I have given them all a foliar feeding of Beauveria bassiana, Diatomaceous Earth and Neem Oil.
Potassium soap and Spinosad will arrive on Monday for first feeding on Day 26-28 from sprout. Should be able to get 2 light dosed sprays in of that within a week and generally leave this one as a cure, rather than prevention i think.
Tomorrow or Sunday will move them all out of the tent. Clean everything in tent and room with alcohol and then replace the girls for final 1-2 sprays.
Prob a good idea to get getting into habits of using some of these as preventatives instead of cures. IPM i be reading...

BTW yes, the plants that i didnt touch there are no markings whatsoever really, so it is quite possible this is all mostly my own fault haha, however the most effected plants would have been there first point of access into the tent. so will likely never know exactly, and yes there is clear evidence of thrips too, i agree. Anyway being on top of some IPM and cleanliness and other techniques around the home will go a long way here, so good lessons regardless. i want to encounter as many problems as possible on my first run to be honest...

Whatever is going on, the freebie Chemdogging from Mepihisto is more resistant than the "resistant" northern cheese haze beans i purchased haha

Last edited:
Good idea. I have loads of traps but not foudn anything. I will give this a shot tomorrow. Thanks.

I'm dealing with them in flower now. I don't see them on the sticky traps until they are adults. Even then they look like a speck of dust. I can't spray or I would.

Good luck

I'm dealing with them in flower now. I don't see them on the sticky traps until they are adults. Even then they look like a speck of dust. I can't spray or I would.

Good luck

Makes sense. I read they can stay on one plant area their entire life cycle. Blue and pink traps works best.

Also from reading i am now starting to think these orange things in the holes on the leaves are females that have ripped into the leafs to lay eggs or are simply eating it, females like to lay eggs in new growth as well iirc. i also read they like to move in "packs" which would make sense why so many are ravaging a single leaf perhaps, although the similar structure is what made me think twice.. again read that the babies then go off and suck on the leaves which causes the "dry spit" effect.

1578074238939.png

I never had actual chewed leaves, but I have the squigglies, the purple/metallic spots and the poo droppings.

:toke: explain more on this "local super soil",... if it's the real deal, adding 'Tabs is overkill... even with organics it's possible to burn plants, seen it myself with Biotab's in fact.... a loaded soil will compound the problem here...
Any in-pot pH's taken? that's the worst thing to get complacent about,....
Some of the symptoms, especially the tops look like they have hit the Tabs hard, taking in too much..... the physical damage, that ain't bugs... not sure what that is,... Ca defc. would seen the best fit, but with that super soil, Ca-Mg, Tabs, even with RO there shouldn't be a defc.,....

≠≠
:toke: explain more on this "local super soil",... if it the real deal, adding 'Tabs is overkill... even with organics it's possible to burn plants, seen it myself with Biotab's in fact.... a loaded soil will compound the problem here...
Any in-pot pH's taken? that's the worst thing to get complacent about,....
Some of the symptoms, especially the tops look like they have hit the Tabs hard, taking in too much..... the physical damage, that ain't bugs... not sure what that is,... Ca defc. would seen the best fit, but with that super soil, Ca-Mg, Tabs, even with RO there shouldn't be a defc.,....

thank you! i had same feeling about bugs. Hit em hard anyway to make sure and doing decent sized calmag dosages now in stead of straight RO water. They seem to have picked up. here is a picture from today. regarding the biotabs, yes they have burnt my plants without a doubt (which is why i am running a few new tests in small pots u can see). There are definitely a few fruit flies but i have not seen any other bugs to be honest. I thought i saw a few orange worms eating leaves together but im really not sure if that was just the structure of the leaves or not as they broke down...spino, bassania and neem should deal with anything if it was there anyway...

PH yeah man i think you might have nailed it. i need to pick up a quality Ph metre. Just a bit expensive but maybe i should grab one before it is too late!? Bluelabs or Accurate 8 are my choices i think...where i am will cost me $100+

1.jpeg

Last edited:
orange worms (caterpillars) can't hide! Either they are there obviously or not.....
Flies are a non-issue....
yeah, the BL unit is a "pro" grade tool, no need for that level of accuracy, or the hassle of caring for another bulb electrode type unit (same as a pH meter, liquids only!), but I assume more durable.... A8 is typically $50-60, but depending where you live, shipping is a bitch! There are other identical units under different brand name, like TEKCOPLUS.....maybe cheaper? I saw this on amazon UK, BTW....
.... nothing bad enough to sweat on these plants so far mate, so relax.... :pass:

orange worms (caterpillars) can't hide! Either they are there obviously or not.....
Flies are a non-issue....
yeah, the BL unit is a "pro" grade tool, no need for that level of accuracy, or the hassle of caring for another bulb electrode type unit (same as a pH meter, liquids only!), but I assume more durable.... A8 is typically $50-60, but depending where you live, shipping is a bitch! There are other identical units under different brand name, like TEKCOPLUS.....maybe cheaper? I saw this on amazon UK, BTW....
.... nothing bad enough to sweat on these plants so far mate, so relax.... :pass:
View attachment 1146594

Ok, so these orange things inside the leaves are def not bugs?

That is rather reassuring..

1578375419485.png

Attachments

• 1578375457693.png
    1578375457693.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
Back