Reaction score
High y'all!
I'm a first time auto grower.
  • A feminized tangerine dream.
  • Approx 3 gallon fabric pot.
  • Where? Coastal South Carolina.
  • Full sun 8-10 hours a day
  • Soaked and paper towel germination
  • Placed seed in jiffy mix (about 1cup) in center of Eccoscraps potting soil so I don't need to transplant. Yesterday 7.15.18
  • Watered in well.
  • Humidity is around 75-95%
My question is this as I already killed my first try. I over sprayed it and it succumbed to dampening off. I believe. Should I place a dome over her? I'm afraid it will get too hot and too humid under there. I also don't want her to be too moist but I don't want her to dry out either. I can move her to a shadier spot.
Happy to be here. So much to read and learn. Thanks in advance for any advice you can send my way.

High y'all!
I'm a first time auto grower.
  • A feminized tangerine dream.
  • Approx 3 gallon fabric pot.
  • Where? Coastal South Carolina.
  • Full sun 8-10 hours a day
  • Soaked and paper towel germination
  • Placed seed in jiffy mix (about 1cup) in center of Eccoscraps potting soil so I don't need to transplant. Yesterday 7.15.18
  • Watered in well.
  • Humidity is around 75-95%
My question is this as I already killed my first try. I over sprayed it and it succumbed to dampening off. I believe. Should I place a dome over her? I'm afraid it will get too hot and too humid under there. I also don't want her to be too moist but I don't want her to dry out either. I can move her to a shadier spot.
Happy to be here. So much to read and learn. Thanks in advance for any advice you can send my way.
Dome the seed until she sprouts then it comes off, or the stem will rot at soil level. I mist the dome and soil once a day until she is up.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Either just need enough air space, I cut off the bottom of a plastic soda bottle and use that.
Thanks so much for the prompt response. I will put a dome on her. Is glass okay or should it be plastic?

hi and welcome :pass:a seedling dosnt need the same kind of sunlight a fully grown plant does,so leaving it in a shadier spot for the first week or so should be fine.
Rollin talks sense :thumbsup:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

:greenthumb:Good luck with your grow! :headbang:

She sprouted a few hours ago. I couldn't help but peek. Right now we are in the middle of some pretty bad thunderstorms. I brought her into our screen porch and will put her out in the morning in a shady spot without her dome . I don't want to fry her. I'm hoping that's the right call?

Sounds good.
She sprouted a few hours ago. I couldn't help but peek. Right now we are in the middle of some pretty bad thunderstorms. I brought her into our screen porch and will put her out in the morning in a shady spot without her dome . I don't want to fry her. I'm hoping that's the right call?

Back