Nute deficiency?

it's a matter of the specific types of enzymes my friend,.. they are right, I LOVE Mammoth P, and trust their claims enough,...but each enzyme is very specific to what it acts on: specific tool, specific job! Diversity is key... having raw enzymes present helps facilitate things faster and better than just soil herd organisms alone,... Truth be told, I don't know which ones Mammoth is referring to, but ones in Hygrozyme are listed on the contents label,.. I'll dig it up later,...

:biggrin:... well, a cheap liquid drops kit will suffice,... yeah, keep feeding her! Organics take a bit longer to get in there, for reasons mentioned above,..... new pics still look mostly P defc. to me,... are you adding Ca-Mg+ in as well?
Enzymes help break down organic matter,... Hygrozyme, Canna Biozyme are good representative products,... they have several enzymes in them that help tackle more slow/difficult matter in there, which helps the rest of the soil herd do their job, which in turn benefits the plants! ...Mammoth P is fantastic stuff, but it's not an enzyme product (sorry brudda Fairly!), it's a specialized brew of microbes that focuses on P and micronute turnover and availability, different from the usual myco's and other beneficial bacteria's in other inoculants,...

A TDS meter is only about $10,... decent pH meters about $30-50, cheaper ones are around, but are dubious for accuracy after a while,.. good meters are sensitive instruments, and need proper care...storage solution, and calibration solutions 7.0 and 4.0,.. some come with calibration soln., and storage is readily available too, not expensive,... storing them right is KEY,... dry electrodes will cause bad readings and eventually ruin them,... I also highly recommend the Accurate 8 soil pH probe, for actual in-pot pH measurements, nothing beats this (run-off testing is crap usually).. I know this all sounds $$, and confusing, a PITA too,.. but you can avoid so many problems right off the bat by monitoring your water and nute soln. inputs, so the soil doesn't get out of proper pH range to begin with,... fixing off-pH soil is a real beating, costly in time labor and sometimes products,...and more importantly, plant health.. stunting, crap yields, makes some grows a waste of time and $$!
Another fine alternative to consider is Mephisto/GBD's super soil mix for auto's,.. all you do is buy a good base soil (like Roots Organic), mix in the super amendments, fill half the pot with it, top with reg soil on that, and it's water only from there! Sometimes, you may need a little boost of something, usually P-K during bloom, but that's very conditional, many don't need it,...lots of fine grows here using this simple KISS system! All I'd add to that is a Si supplement, enzymes, kelp extract, and have Ca-Mg handy just in case,...:greenthumb:

Hi Waira! Sorry I've been a little busy lately...I just saw one for $7 so I'll definatley start with that one (and I'm gonna call the Water Co to see exactly what's in my water)btu in any case, yes I've been feeding my girl Cal-mag along with a few other GO nutes (I even upped the dosage a tad to see if that would help, and I left the water out for 24 hours, hopefully I don't have hard water). Thanks for the tips on enzymes and that accurate 8 is a little expensive but I see what you're saying, for something as important as pH it doesn't hurt to spend a little more!

:thumbsup:-- ask the water co' about the chlorine source the use, and whatever else they'll tell you about pH and hardness,.. you still need to check at home, as the trip through the old cruddy pipes will change the chemistry some,.... fingers crossed it isn't chloramine! Only way to clear that out is by a filter certified to do so, or let it sit literally in the Sun for a few days so it breaks down,...

:thumbsup:-- ask the water co' about the chlorine source the use, and whatever else they'll tell you about pH and hardness,.. you still need to check at home, as the trip through the old cruddy pipes will change the chemistry some,.... fingers crossed it isn't chloramine! Only way to clear that out is by a filter certified to do so, or let it sit literally in the Sun for a few days so it breaks down,...

Yeah I'm really hoping I don't end up having that "hard water" stuff you guys mentioned, or else that might explain the purple stems I'm seeing (I'm gonna wait and see about those though because that may explain the P deficiency)

Thanks again

.. hardness refers to how much mineral content is in it, mainly CaCO3,... some is good, as the carbonate part of it helps with pH buffering in the water,...

Back