Not sure if this is a deficiency or light burn

Have you checked your ph doing it the way your are? I use ph perfect nutes as well and when you add other stuff that’s not it can drop your ph well below 6. I would add all your stuff then ph your water.

I haven't checked my ph after adding the nutrients. I will now and adjust it to 6.5 if need be.

Ok you need to get an EC meter because even though you have volumes it does not give you the strength in numbers to compare. I would not feed Autos over 650 PPM not counting your starting water. The frequency of feeding makes a big difference also. I think feed, water, water, water repeat. Is a good place to start.

I now have a bluelabs EC meter. The meter has difference measurement scales: CF, EC, PPM 500, PPM 700. Which PPM scale do you recommend I use to make sure I don't go over 650 PPM?

Bluelab PENCON Conductivity Pen and Digital TDS Meter, Water Tester for Temperature and Nutrient (CF, EC, PPM 500, PPM 700), TDS Testing Kit for Hydroponic System and Indoor Plant Grow Amazon product

Excellent tool, take care of it. In the USA we use the Hanna 500 scale. The rest of the world uses EC.

useECorHanna.jpg

Excellent tool, take care of it. In the USA we use the Hanna 500 scale. The rest of the world uses EC.

PPM 500 must be the "Hanna 500 scale" that you mentioned. The RO water that I use has a 0 measure which is understandable. Next feeding schedule I will check my ppm using the 500 scale.

Thank you for the help.

PPM 500 must be the "Hanna 500 scale" that you mentioned. The RO water that I use has a 0 measure which is understandable. Next feeding schedule I will check my ppm using the 500 scale.

Thank you for the help.
Yes the BlueLab EC Pen does not measure less than 50 PPM so RO water is usually less than 10 PPM so it will not measure it until you add some nutrients that takes it above 50 PPM.

Back