Not sure if an actual problem or not, slight yellowing & a few spots

Interesting idea on the c02. Ill crack a window down there tomorrow and change out some air. Probably not a bad idea anyways. Ill take some fresh pics in the AM and see if it looks any different. Thank you guys for all the help. I'll check in again tomorrow. The plan was plain water for at least the next couple days so maybe there will be a change one way or the other.

I tried to read, read, read, and read more before starting out. Hoped to at least cover the major points of temp, RH, pH. So much to read and learn. Really liking the journey so far. I hope to provide an acceptable end product.

Droopy leaves could easily be from over feeding/under feeding.

Pick up the pot and see how light it is. When its super light, it can do with a feeding. When its heavy, it still has a lot of water. So don't feed when heavy.

I am also experiencing brown spots which can be calmag or potassium issues. I think you may have reached a lock out though.

Make sure your ph meter is accurate, water until some run off and check the run off ppms and ph

Seems like you have most of the variables sorted out, DC... An EC/ppm pen would be helpful now to know the strength of your nutes going in. Your water ph is high and I wonder whether that hints that you have high ec tap water to start with which can lead to salt buildup in your soil and, eventually, nutrient lockout. If salt buildup is the culprit, a good flush with plain tap water until the ec/ppms of the water coming out is the same or close to that of the water going in. So, an ec/ppm pen would be very helpful right now.

Update: The plant was looking quite droopy last night. I gave plain water and left it alone. I just checked and its looking much perkier! Still gotta track down the spotting and yellowing issue but at least its back to looking how it usually does. It definitely shot up in height since yesterday! I added about 1L of water this afternoon slowly until I started to see a drip come out the bottom of the pot. It still felt weighty but not heavy so I didn't want to over water.

Current tent weather: 73F and 63%RH, light raised to 8" above highest points. Reading up on PPM meters so I can get the nute issue sorted.

After reading all the input from both @Proph and @Mañ'O'Green , I realize now my tap water might be the issue. I do know it to be extremely hard and it leaves a mineral residue on everything almost instantly. Something I did not consider fully. Big thanks to both of you guys for your insight. I will update once I have a PPM meter and get some readings.

I also appreciate everyone elses comments and concerns and things to consider. Very helpful.

Pics:

P1030020.JPG

P1030021.JPG

P1030023.JPG

Update: The plant was looking quite droopy last night. I gave plain water and left it alone. I just checked and its looking much perkier! Still gotta track down the spotting and yellowing issue but at least its back to looking how it usually does. It definitely shot up in height since yesterday! I added about 1L of water this afternoon slowly until I started to see a drip come out the bottom of the pot. It still felt weighty but not heavy so I didn't want to over water.

Current tent weather: 73F and 63%RH, light raised to 8" above highest points. Reading up on PPM meters so I can get the nute issue sorted.

After reading all the input from both @Proph and @Mañ'O'Green , I realize now my tap water might be the issue. I do know it to be extremely hard and it leaves a mineral residue on everything almost instantly. Something I did not consider fully. Big thanks to both of you guys for your insight. I will update once I have a PPM meter and get some readings.

I also appreciate everyone elses comments and concerns and things to consider. Very helpful.

Pics:

View attachment 1265235

View attachment 1265236

View attachment 1265237
I thought I had replied earlier but I guess not! I was definitely going to mention your tap water. If you're going to use tap water, knowing the ppm/ec of it is vital. My other thought is of a weird combination of overfeeding and under watering. Tip burn is overfeeding. No other issue does that so we know the plant has been over fed.. I used AN when I first started out and it's pretty concentrated stuff! I would keep it around 2ml a liter.. Now the under watering.. I water using the 10% rule... That's 1 gallon of water per 10 gallons of soil.. And that's daily or as needed (not really daily now due to winter and higher humidity).. So your 1.5 liters for a 3 gallon pot is in that 10% range for the amount.. I just think it may not be often enough. That pot should be getting 1.5 liters daily or close to it. Keep your feed days the same (every 3 days or so) and use plain water (ro or distilled with zero ppm/ec) to keep the soil moist and plant happy. I think the droop was due to under watering..

Well I think after looking this over with the tap water at ~200 PPM Light mix has calcium element additions and the nutrients are adding calcium. I think it is adding up to be too much. Try mixing your feed water with 25% distilled and drop back to 3ml/l on each of the parts a,b. do not add any cal-mag and lets see how they respond.

Ps. PH to 6.3 for Light Mix.

Will do, thank you! I'll grab a gallon of distilled this weekend and start mixing with that.

Back