Not flowering - strategy advice needed

Automan is dead on about some of the breeders and their eagerness to make a quick buck. Many release strains before they are fully auto, meaning that anywhere from 25-50% of the seeds will still be photo period plants. 14/10 won't make a photo period plant flower. It needs 12 hrs of darkness minimum. That plant in question is super mature and ready to flower.. If you switch to 12/12 for 7 days, you will know for sure if that plant is a photo period or not. Then you can decide what you want to do with it. 12/12 for a week or so won't affect the vegging autos, and definitely wont effect the plants close to harvest.

Thanks for all the responses.

I'm on 12/12 already for 6 weeks.

Just harvested gorilla auto - took longer than expected (105 days) - probably somehow related to short day. But in the end I'm very happy to see my first indoor results - wet 110g of nice buds plus 60g of airy popcorn. I think its not that bad for 60cm high box powered by CFLs (plants can be only 1 feet tall).

Photo plant is in mid flower - seems to do well so far.

I'd like to start another auto now - and hope it will be fine with 12/12 for veg and first weeks of flower - then I'll switch back to 18/6.
Do you think this will work? Can I switch lights all at once, or should I do that gradually to avoid stress?

m.

Back