OLD REVIEWS Nirvana Short Rider strain/smoke report

Reaction score
SeedBank : Nirvana genetics purchased at their web site, very happy with the service, only took 6 days to get my order in the Northeast US

Strain: Short Rider

Did it Autoflower?:
Yes at 21 days

Soil/hydro:Organic Soil, 5 gallon Smart Pots (ended up with a bit over 4 gallons per pot after it settled)

Nutes: Roots Organic Grow, Bloom, and Elemental Cal-Mag, Humboldt Nutrients Big Up Powder, Molasses

Light: 300w Galaxyhydro 9 band LED @ 18/6, the last 3rd of the grow saw another 96-132w of supplemental CLFs (2700k) on 24 hours a day to keep the temp up.

From seed to harvest date: 83 days

Plant Height: 37 inches or 94 cm from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant
IMG_2364.JPG
Dry Yield: 27.6 g *I don't think this number is indicative of the plants potential, it's more representative of my ineptitude this go around. I never ph'd a damn thing, I topped them which I won't next time, I used very minimal nutes, and I never quite got the light height right, the many more experienced growers around here could triple my yield I suspect.*
IMG_2367.JPG

In-depth

RATE SCALE: It's the first auto I have ever grown or smoked, however it beats hands down what I had been buying. The friends and family that have sampled it have all been super impressed so I will give her 4.5 stars just because she still needs more time to cure

BAG APPEAL: 4 stars, no BOM winner but she no slouch
IMG_2378.JPG IMG_2379.JPG IMG_2377.JPG

THE GROWTH: 3.5 stars, but again I'm pretty sure that one is on me

THE SMELL: 4.5 stars, not overpowering but you know it when your in the same room with her. A little savory spice with citrus overtones a bit reminiscent of Earl Grey tea, very nice and gets better every time I open the tub

THE SMOKE: 3.5 stars, still needs some time to mellow out, it's a little harsh on the inhale but upon exhale you get a nice mild citrus taste

THE HIGH: 5 stars, a buzzing in you head comes on quick but the full stone take about 10 min to come on. I've built up a decent tolerance over the years and this stuff hits me really good. Starts off as a spacey head high with no anxiety then with another 10-20 min I'm sunk into a couch and feeling a bit like jello. Not so good for getting things done, but great for relaxing. Overall I am very pleased.

Link to grow :https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-auto-grow-nirvana-short-ryder-led-cfl.47241/

Great report and impressive grow ... I have a friend in your area that uses well water very successfully ... cheap and it comes straight out of the tap ... he doesn't even own a ph meter ... I wish I had his water ...
:bow:

Great report and impressive grow ... I have a friend in your area that uses well water very successfully ... cheap and it comes straight out of the tap ... he doesn't even own a ph meter ... I wish I had his water ...
:bow:
Thank you very much :cheers:, I was thinking about using water from the creek near my house to water with but the creek flows through a lot of crop land and I'm a little concerned about pesticide run-off, should be safe this time of year though.:thumbsup:

Creek water is not quite as thoroughly filtered as well water ... the process of seeping thru the earth to an underground aquifer removes a lot of contaminates ... I'd try creek water if it were available to me ... I pay $.25 / gal for RO water at local sites ... the most suspicious thing I do is pick up water every couple weeks ...
:hookah:

Last edited:
SeedBank : Nirvana genetics purchased at their web site, very happy with the service, only took 6 days to get my order in the Northeast US

Strain: Short Rider

Did it Autoflower?:
Yes at 21 days

Soil/hydro:Organic Soil, 5 gallon Smart Pots (ended up with a bit over 4 gallons per pot after it settled)

Nutes: Roots Organic Grow, Bloom, and Elemental Cal-Mag, Humboldt Nutrients Big Up Powder, Molasses

Thank you very much :cheers:, I was thinking about using water from the creek near my house to water with but the creek flows through a lot of crop land and I'm a little concerned about pesticide run-off, should be safe this time of year though.:thumbsup:

Light: 300w Galaxyhydro 9 band LED @ 18/6, the last 3rd of the grow saw another 96-132w of supplemental CLFs (2700k) on 24 hours a day to keep the temp up.

From seed to harvest date: 83 days

Plant Height: 37 inches or 94 cm from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant
View attachment 515928
Dry Yield: 27.6 g *I don't think this number is indicative of the plants potential, it's more representative of my ineptitude this go around. I never ph'd a damn thing, I topped them which I won't next time, I used very minimal nutes, and I never quite got the light height right, the many more experienced growers around here could triple my yield I suspect.*
View attachment 515929

In-depth

RATE SCALE: It's the first auto I have ever grown or smoked, however it beats hands down what I had been buying. The friends and family that have sampled it have all been super impressed so I will give her 4.5 stars just because she still needs more time to cure

BAG APPEAL: 4 stars, no BOM winner but she no slouch
View attachment 515926 View attachment 515927 View attachment 515925

THE GROWTH: 3.5 stars, but again I'm pretty sure that one is on me

THE SMELL: 4.5 stars, not overpowering but you know it when your in the same room with her. A little savory spice with citrus overtones a bit reminiscent of Earl Grey tea, very nice and gets better every time I open the tub

THE SMOKE: 3.5 stars, still needs some time to mellow out, it's a little harsh on the inhale but upon exhale you get a nice mild citrus taste

THE HIGH: 5 stars, a buzzing in you head comes on quick but the full stone take about 10 min to come on. I've built up a decent tolerance over the years and this stuff hits me really good. Starts off as a spacey head high with no anxiety then with another 10-20 min I'm sunk into a couch and feeling a bit like jello. Not so good for getting things done, but great for relaxing. Overall I am very pleased.

Link to grow :https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-auto-grow-nirvana-short-ryder-led-cfl.47241/

thanks for the detailed report, in retro I can find ways to improve every grow I do, bottom line: you got an OZ of really good looking bud, plus the grow knowledge

Back