Reaction score
Of I did anything wrong in posting this please let me know so that I can make the correct changes ..Thank you guys

Problem:Ok I have a 7 week strawberry pie auto from fast buds. This plant is pale green with bud sites but no smell or trichomes on the plant .I had to leave town for several days when I came back this is how I found it.

Medium: bio bizz light mix/soil with 2 coco coir bricks.5 gallon fabric pot

Feed: roots organic grow and bloom/ I mixed neem seed meal/fish bone meal and worm castings into the top inch of my soil when the plant was about 4 weeks. I feed every 3 days followed by ph'd water 3 days later until I see a good run off

Water source: purified water
Strain : strawberry pie auto from fast buds
Light used : Mars Hydro sp3000
Climate with lights on 75°/63%/// lights off 68°/ 59,%

I have 8 different autoflowers that I am growing in the same spot. All of my dwc plants are looking good .The plants I have in soil are ok so I know that I messed something up along the way .I am moving into a bigger place soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_175109.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175109.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210305_175103.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175103.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20210305_175058.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175058.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20210305_175050.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175050.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: EP3
She looks slightly burned at the tips which suggests salt build up and the yellowing could be lockout, it could also be underfed, she looks stacked and could probably be fed more than you think, given shes in soil and coco, by the sounds of it majority coco, probably underfed at this moment in time, but those burnt tips say otherwise.
You can feed a plant in coco every day, my friend goes by pot weight, if its light he feeds it, never straight water, 2 times every day at full strength for some, his plants normally get well over 3-4 oz in 8l pot's.
Give her that initial flush at full strength, check your run off PH and PPM to make sure shes not suffering from issues there.
Up your feeding schedule if its not a PH/Lockout issue and she should do fine.

She looks slightly burned at the tips which suggests salt build up and the yellowing could be lockout, it could also be underfed, she looks stacked and could probably be fed more than you think, given shes in soil and coco, by the sounds of it majority coco, probably underfed at this moment in time, but those burnt tips say otherwise.
You can feed a plant in coco every day, my friend goes by pot weight, if its light he feeds it, never straight water, 2 times every day at full strength for some, his plants normally get well over 3-4 oz in 8l pot's.
Give her that initial flush at full strength, check your run off PH and PPM to make sure shes not suffering from issues there.
Ok thank you bro I will up the feeding my last watering I did ppm and ph was fine any suggestions on what kind of nutrients will get into the root system asap. Considering it contains so much coco do you think I should switch to some of them nutrients instead?

These plants are in the same environment but as I said I am a newbie in soil and all of my soil ones suffered from some nutrient deficiency at some point. My other autos I have planted in soil does not have as much coco as the one I started this thread on .Any tips/suggestions will be highly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_175137.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175137.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210305_175131.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175131.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210305_175116.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175116.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210305_175123.jpg
    IMG_20210305_175123.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
It is generally a problem when you try to mix a soil with a hydroponic medium they need to be treated differently. Different PH different fertigating properties. Did you flush and pre-charge your coco. I would go with a Hydroponic regime because you have so much coco compared to the soil. Of course the problem with that is the soil will hold on to the salts more than the coco. You will need to add a bit af calcium, Magnesiumand iron for the coco but be careful because the soil will hold on to these a bit.

:goodluck:

It is generally a problem when you try to mix a soil with a hydroponic medium they need to be treated differently. Different PH different fertigating properties. Did you flush and pre-charge your coco. I would go with a Hydroponic regime because you have so much coco compared to the soil. Of course the problem with that is the soil will hold on to the salts more than the coco. You will need to add a bit af calcium, Magnesiumand iron for the coco but be careful because the soil will hold on to these a bit.

:goodluck:
No I didn't flush or precharge my coco I ordered a complete kit online from a potforpot.com just set everything up like they told me but I am going to put your advice to work right away. Thank you so much

No I didn't flush or precharge my coco I ordered a complete kit online from a potforpot.com just set everything up like they told me but I am going to put your advice to work right away. Thank you so much
I searched their website and I cannot see where they wash and pre-charge the coco? I want to assume they have but we know what that leads to :rofl:

I have seen it done many times but mixing coco and soil just does not seem to end well. A little coco to improve soil structure is one thing but a little soil to do what to a hydro medium?

Anyhow your plants do not look too bad it is just hard to tell if the lock-out is from too much or too little?. I say just continue with the normal feed schedule of feed, water, water repeat for these pots.

I searched their website and I cannot see where they wash and pre-charge the coco? I want to assume they have but we know what that leads to :rofl:

I have seen it done many times but mixing coco and soil just does not seem to end well. A little coco to improve soil structure is one thing but a little soil to do what to a hydro medium?

Anyhow your plants do not look too bad it is just hard to tell if the lock-out is from too much or too little?. I say just continue with the normal feed schedule of feed, water, water repeat for these pots.
Thanks for the advice bro I just ran to the hydroponics shop and got canna coco.About to run a normal feed and see how she responds.I will finish her out on those nutrients hopefully she bounces back for me

Photos as I pulled her out the room to feed her.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_172953.jpg
    IMG_20210306_172953.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210306_173001.jpg
    IMG_20210306_173001.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210306_173018.jpg
    IMG_20210306_173018.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210306_173007.jpg
    IMG_20210306_173007.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210306_172948.jpg
    IMG_20210306_172948.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: EP3
Photos as I pulled her out the room to feed her.
The Canna is a good line. Use it at about 50% strength for autos. You may be able to up this but at the moment I do not know if your plants are showing too much fertilizer or too little or just out of balance?

Back