Indoor New Tent Plan: Few Questions...

K

ketchieshoobie

Howdy!

I'm hoping to get some advice on tent setup or perhaps comments on the items purchased.

I just bought an HTG tent kit with upgrades and additions as follows:
2x3x5 tent
Digital GreenHouse 400w Ballast
Hortilux 400w HPS Lamp
EasyCool 6 Reflector
GrowBright 6" Duct Fan
Sunleaves 200 CFM 4" Inline Fan
Phresh 4x12 Filter (200 CFM)
Dust Shroom - 6"

My questions are:

1) Can I plug the digital ballast directly into a Hydrofarm digital timer rated at 15 amps? I have found conflicting info on this so far.

2) Will this ventilation plan work?

*Exhaust
(inside tent) => Phresh scrubber => 4" ducting => 4"-to-6" reducer => EasyCool reflector => 6" duct fan => 6" ducting => (outside tent) => 6"-to-4" reducer => Sunleaves Fan => 4" ducting => (attic)

*Intake
(outside tent) => Dust Shroom => 6" ducting => (inside tent)

3) Are digital ballasts noisy?

Thanks in advance guys!
KS

Nice setup....I run a 400w ballast/cooltube setup....no noise whatsoever on ballast......my centri fans are the only noise close to my tent....

Thanks Auto, good to know. Do you plug your ballast into a timer?

How many amps is your ballast rated for? There should be a sticker somewhere on it that tells you. As long as it's under 15 amps you'll be fine. Ventilation plan looks good.

Yes, my ballast & fans are plugged into a digital timer..15a...no probs.

Thanks guys.

The digital ballast is rated < 5 amps. My concern was the startup spike although this ballast does a soft start so maybe nothing to worry about.

My tent is up and in production! The girls really seem to like the hortilux bulb. I started the height at about 14" above the tallest plant and plan to ooze it down slowly. I should have got a tent long ago. They are so easy to customize.

I do have a question: the negative pressure from the exhaust fan is causing the tent walls to be sucked in some. Is this normal/OK?

I have watt meters and tested my galaxy digital 400 ballast... no spike... actually very low wattage until bulb gets warmed up... so shuldnt be a concern there...

yes... it ok for a little tent wall sucking... :lol:

:smokeit:

Cool, thanks JM!

On another note, I finally have temperature control! I have always fought to keep the temp < 86F in PCs and cabinets. The tent temps are ranging from 74F to 82F when the light is on.

More tent goodness!

:dance2:

sweet... sounds like you dialed another click on the "dialed in" scale... :smokeit:

Back