new site, new Free Giveaway!

I don't have an opinion on pre-buffering. Mega Crop can be used with 0ppm water, as it does have a significant amount of Calcium and Magnesium. That being said, depending on what type of environment you are growing in, there may be scenarios where extra cal/mag might be needed. So I wouldn't be able to say for every setup if this is the case or not. With RO water buffering likely isn't necessary. Long term the only thing that would effect reservoir stability is microbes/bacteria.
Do you think this lack of need to pre-buffer applies universally, to all base nutrient products? Is pre-buffering needed with other less 'stable' base nutrient products?

Do you think this lack of need to pre-buffer applies universally, to all base nutrient products? Is pre-buffering needed with other less 'stable' base nutrient products?
There are different degrees of "buffering." We use some minimal buffer techniques through basic ratios and types of fertilizer ingredients, without resorting to adding in actual specific agents to buffer that do not have fertilizing value. So our products are probably better than some with no buffering action taken, but not as good as others that may use additional ingredients solely for the purpose of buffering.

There are different degrees of "buffering." We use some minimal buffer techniques through basic ratios and types of fertilizer ingredients, without resorting to adding in actual specific agents to buffer that do not have fertilizing value. So our products are probably better than some with no buffering action taken, but not as good as others that may use additional ingredients solely for the purpose of buffering.
Man, you're making me want to do a revert back to my first Cannabis grow. Just to show how simple a grow can be with one simple product and with one simple dose.
That was with the one-step product of around the July 2020. I used @pop22 Recommendation of 500 to 550 total PPM in every watering. I did throw a little bit of organic procedures at them, but very minor . Results were quite outstanding. Extremely well considering that there was number real following of VPD and trying to manage a hodgepodge of lights just by the manufacturers PAR figures.................... One of them being from, at that time, 8 years ago. And that was with cheap Linda Seeds.

I have I think the last recipe from the last giveaway. I did use it in a run with some autos and some 3GALLON bags as a test. Performed really well!

I have plenty of three gallons of Rain Science bags to do it, but that's a lot of Hand watering and I water slowly!:biggrin:
I have enough 3gal Grassroots Living Earth bags to do a 4x4 tent. I'd want to do the same strain, it would be a first for me, and have and have a relatively quick grow. For a cheap experiment it would need to be Photo clones and I think I have the perfect candidate.
Seedstockers RUCU CUCU hits all the marks! She has outstanding strong structure. Not a picky eater! Very good leaf to bud ratio. She produces a very Greasy sticky smelly Potent bud. A very tasty orange haze. She's gonna be a part of my back crossing her to Crockett's Tangie...............fer S&Gs.
Depending on the size of the clones, do a short veg, 20 days or so and then flip.
I think 6 would be a good number in a 4x4 tent. Just top once and just open up for training.
I think it would be an interesting test and should have quite a bit more success than the first one. This grow room is quite a bit more dialed in and automated.

That might have to wait though until I get my grow room built in my shop. By the time I finished the obligations, it'll probably be about that time.
So many the project ideas, so little the time and room!:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows::pass:

Man, you're making me want to do a revert back to my first Cannabis grow. Just to show how simple a grow can be with one simple product and with one simple dose.
That was with the one-step product of around the July 2020. I used @pop22 Recommendation of 500 to 550 total PPM in every watering. I did throw a little bit of organic procedures at them, but very minor . Results were quite outstanding. Extremely well considering that there was number real following of VPD and trying to manage a hodgepodge of lights just by the manufacturers PAR figures.................... One of them being from, at that time, 8 years ago. And that was with cheap Linda Seeds.

I have I think the last recipe from the last giveaway. I did use it in a run with some autos and some 3GALLON bags as a test. Performed really well!

I have plenty of three gallons of Rain Science bags to do it, but that's a lot of Hand watering and I water slowly!:biggrin:
I have enough 3gal Grassroots Living Earth bags to do a 4x4 tent. I'd want to do the same strain, it would be a first for me, and have and have a relatively quick grow. For a cheap experiment it would need to be Photo clones and I think I have the perfect candidate.
Seedstockers RUCU CUCU hits all the marks! She has outstanding strong structure. Not a picky eater! Very good leaf to bud ratio. She produces a very Greasy sticky smelly Potent bud. A very tasty orange haze. She's gonna be a part of my back crossing her to Crockett's Tangie...............fer S&Gs.
Depending on the size of the clones, do a short veg, 20 days or so and then flip.
I think 6 would be a good number in a 4x4 tent. Just top once and just open up for training.
I think it would be an interesting test and should have quite a bit more success than the first one. This grow room is quite a bit more dialed in and automated.

That might have to wait though until I get my grow room built in my shop. By the time I finished the obligations, it'll probably be about that time.
So many the project ideas, so little the time and room!:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows::pass:

Keep in mind the formula has changed about 4 times since then. There’s a new formula out now with 11% nitrogen compared to the old 9%.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the formula has changed about 4 times since then. There’s a new formula out now with 11% nitrogen compared to the old 9%.
the extra Nitrogen is just from Urea which doesn't have a strong effect nitrogen wise in most cases.

What is the purpose or effect of buffering in this application?

These SIP plants are at 5 gpg MC one part, last years formula (don’t know if it’s changed) PH to 6.0. JeanO’s Wild thing photoperiod test.
IMG_3771.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3773.jpeg

I believe 4 wks in flower. Checked and actually day 42 from flip.

the extra Nitrogen is just from Urea which doesn't have a strong effect nitrogen wise in most cases.

Thank you I didn't realize that just saw the nitrogen getting higher:thanks::pass:

Totally unrelated question and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but do have any recommendation for feeding schedule for the 2 part 8N formula for photoperiod plants. I assume the bag instructions are a good starting point just curious on your thoughts or if you've heard otherwise :thanks::pass:

Thank you I didn't realize that just saw the nitrogen getting higher:thanks::pass:

Totally unrelated question and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but do have any recommendation for feeding schedule for the 2 part 8N formula for photoperiod plants. I assume the bag instructions are a good starting point just curious on your thoughts or if you've heard otherwise :thanks::pass:
I assume the current instructions, calculator, etc. are already oriented to photoperiod plants. I and other 2 part users AFNers would like to know any tips, suggestions, etc. for growing autos. [Is there really any difference between feeding 2-part MC to autos vs. photos?]

Back