Mephisto Genetics New Mephisto Artisanal Drop!

Yep what he said.
Just finished an f1 superauto by stitch. Critical chaze. Although it is a good smoke I will not be growing these again indoors. They did not auto and took well over 120 days. Fucked my whole plan up. My own fault lol. I will chuck the seeds outside somewhere next year though. Smoke is very pleasant uplifting in spirits but calming in mind weird.

F4 is the stage the cross is in. It's in its 4th time being selectively bred.

Gotcha. So the more times it's done the "better" it is? As in reliability or what's it's expected to do?
And, Is there a max number for this , or can there be an "F26" or whatever number there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. So the more times it's done the "better" it is? As in reliability or what's it's expected to do?
And, Is there a max number for this , or can there be an "F26" or whatever number there?

Not sure. lol that's about the extent of my knowledge. Mephisto says when creating an auto its usually 100% stable auto at stage f4. But yes I believe they stabilize the strain even more. More consistent plants

F4 is considered the first stable generation. There should be no more than 1 or 2 phenotypes at this point. You can inbreed farther, many consider F5 the point at which the consider a strain truly stable. After a while, I suspect inbreeding will cause genetic problems so F5 - F6 is likely the best place to stop.

I prefer F1s and F2s for the variety of phenotypes. It makes a 3-5 pack of seeds a little more worth wild. And they are cool to have in the vault. Like a 1st print of a good book or famous panting.

F4 is considered the first stable generation. There should be no more than 1 or 2 phenotypes at this point. You can inbreed farther, many consider F5 the point at which the consider a strain truly stable. After a while, I suspect inbreeding will cause genetic problems so F5 - F6 is likely the best place to stop.

Interesting stuff. This growing hobby is more intense than I thought

It's kinda bizarre you said that. I remember way back (for me) mid-late 70's some people as close to "in the know" as I would ever meet said to me, Gen. 6-7 is Golden. I wasn't exactly sure the extent of that statement, but always took it for Hoyle.

Back