Lighting New Cidly Apollo 4 LED - Custom

Hansbricks

Autopot Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I received my new customized Apollo 4 today. :jump: Can't wait to put this thing to use on my next grow. I'll do a full review on this after my grow is complete but for now here are the details.

My initial impression of it is the quality seems top-notch, better than I was expecting, has a very solid and well built look and feel. Much better than my generic 300w ebay LED (although even that is working quite well).

I originally saw these on ebay with the cheapest ones going for like $240 with shipping. When I contacted a few of the sellers about getting a custom spectrum I got no replies... I then came across these on Aliexpress (uncharted territory for me) I found a reputable seller with one going for only $190 with free shipping. I contacted them about the custom specs and received a response within minutes, I was able to get the exact spectrum, lens angle and even picked the housing colours I wanted. Very good communication, they even sent me a pic of the LED layout with the spectrum's I requested to make sure it was to my liking. (Figured the actual LED arrangement didn't make much difference so just went with what they picked).

So anyways, here are the details.
Spectrum/Ratios: (7x 660nm, 3x 630nm, 2x 460nm, , 2x 6500k, 1x 730nm) per Module with 90degree secondary optic lenses (beam angle)
450x450.jpg

I think this light should work quite well with this spectrum, it's basically the same as the new GN units.

Here are some pics
IMG_20131220_164447034.jpgIMG_20131220_164531324.jpgIMG_20131220_164615040.jpgIMG_20131220_164738700_HDR.jpg

Cool man. I had to do a double take on the layout. At first it didn't appear to be correct with the light. But it is! I am working with a distributor through ali on a custom PC grow case. If all goes well, I will be selling them.

Hey guys, I received my new customized Apollo 4 today. :jump: Can't wait to put this thing to use on my next grow. I'll do a full review on this after my grow is complete but for now here are the details.

My initial impression of it is the quality seems top-notch, better than I was expecting, has a very solid and well built look and feel. Much better than my generic 300w ebay LED (although even that is working quite well).

I originally saw these on ebay with the cheapest ones going for like $240 with shipping. When I contacted a few of the sellers about getting a custom spectrum I got no replies... I then came across these on Aliexpress (uncharted territory for me) I found a reputable seller with one going for only $190 with free shipping. I contacted them about the custom specs and received a response within minutes, I was able to get the exact spectrum, lens angle and even picked the housing colours I wanted. Very good communication, they even sent me a pic of the LED layout with the spectrum's I requested to make sure it was to my liking. (Figured the actual LED arrangement didn't make much difference so just went with what they picked).

So anyways, here are the details.
Spectrum/Ratios: (7x 660nm, 3x 630nm, 2x 460nm, , 2x 6500k, 1x 730nm) per Module with 90degree secondary optic lenses (beam angle)
View attachment 309312

I think this light should work quite well with this spectrum, it's basically the same as the new GN units.

Here are some pics
View attachment 309313View attachment 309314View attachment 309315View attachment 309316

:thumbs:

Ive been looking at the Apollo 4 130w 3w LEDs on Ali Express. Do they all come from China? LOL. Says guaranteed delievery to US within 23 days. I also noticed some are advertised as Apollo 4's but the brand is listed as different yet they all look similar to me. I think the one ive found would work well in my box though. What do you think? Heres the link>>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Freeshipping-Apollo-4-130W-Led-Hydropnic-Lamp-Plant-Grow-Light-Panel-Replace-400W-HID-Grow-Light/999627279.html

Yes they all the apollos come from china mate,that light looks ok but the spectrum could be a little better with the addition of 720nm if they could do it for you,if not you could contact a rep at cidly http://www.cidly.com/Apollo.html and get a price off them and use your own custom spectrum.There are cidly reviews in the led review section along with the custom spectrum they used :Sharing One: or copy what Hans has used in the first post mate,that looks sweet too,and he seems happy with the company.

Last edited:
Ive been looking at the Apollo 4 130w 3w LEDs on Ali Express. Do they all come from China? LOL. Says guaranteed delievery to US within 23 days. I also noticed some are advertised as Apollo 4's but the brand is listed as different yet they all look similar to me. I think the one ive found would work well in my box though. What do you think? Heres the link>>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Freeshipping-Apollo-4-130W-Led-Hydropnic-Lamp-Plant-Grow-Light-Panel-Replace-400W-HID-Grow-Light/999627279.html

Hey, just want to give you a bit of additional info on LED's bro. Basically all LED's are manufactured in China (like 95%) Even if they are a US or UK based company they will use a Chinese company to manufacture because it is way more cost effective. The reason that a lot of these modular LED units look the same is because most of them are manufactured by the same company (Cidly). The US and UK based company's (like Grownorthern/Fero etc) will then provide the manufacture with their custom specs and re-band it as their own at a much higher price. So if you're like me and don't have unlimited money to blow, then getting these direct from the manufacture is the way to go. (BTW I'm not trying to take anything away from company's like GN, part of the additional costs is for the excellent customer service they provide and hassle free warranty etc.) I just want to inform others that there are cheaper alternatives for budget minded folks such as myself :smoke:

I most definitely agree Hansbricks. I am DEFINITELY on a budget. Though all I need is a new LED and some Cal Mag for the difciency while using LEDS. I learn SOOOO much from this site! I LOVE AFN!!!!!

:Sharing One:

Hey Hanbricks and Red Eyed C... Well I think ive made a decision on the LED im going to get. I contacted the seller to ask if i could get it in Hanbricks spectrum Ratio....Waiting to hear back shortly. Here is the one Ive chosen for $210 US. Do you guys think it will suit my box? I think by doing one lady with this light will be bad ass!!! Heres the link. Please let me know what you guys think. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-200w-apollo-cheap-led-grow-lights-Red-Blue-Violet-Orange-Infrared-White-5-4/1617573425.html

And heres my box
100_0567.jpg

Hey Hanbricks and Red Eyed C... Well I think ive made a decision on the LED im going to get. I contacted the seller to ask if i could get it in Hanbricks spectrum Ratio....Waiting to hear back shortly. Here is the one Ive chosen for $210 US. Do you guys think it will suit my box? I think by doing one lady with this light will be bad ass!!! Heres the link. Please let me know what you guys think. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...let-Orange-Infrared-White-5-4/1617573425.html

I've been looking at the Cidly's also, I'm thinking they may have a good product line. :Sharing One:

Back