Grow Room New Basement Space Build

Minor update: Humidity 57% Temperature 71F constant.

In my 3x3, the light gave 15F temp rise, with no fan. This is 4 times the cuft, so I should see less delts T.

No rats on the RatCam. I put down some nutela on a chocolate to test.

Still waiting on light decision.

I saw someone do a low budget grow, and killed it with a $79 light, so I know that I will quickly reach diminishing returns at my skill level.

Picked up a multi location monitor.
It varies from my Accurite, but not by enough to matter.

IMG_20220313_214223__01.jpg

I finished reinforcing the wall. Outside, I saw a rat go into a hole near the other side of the wall. We dumped 8 bags of hydraulic concrete into it to fill it

I shot some beams into the floor, and have begun to frame out the space. I'm using ¼" Durock, and will go over that with foil faced foam board.

I haven't figured out yet what I can use for a door, because of the low ceiling. I'll probably have to make one.

I had to cut the sheets in half to get them down the basement stairs.

IMG_20220331_175428.jpg
IMG20220413163840.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fun venture. I hate rats too. Los Angeles they’re everywhere. Just found one dead in the driveway that one of the feral cats got. Thankfully they keep them at bay. Hey…can you have a cat? Plenty at the shelters looking for a good home.

This is my apartment building, I can do anything I want.

I love cats, but I'm not prepared right now to take care of an additional lifeform properly. Once I get my own life more together I might get one.

Current progress:

I've framed out the space, and reinforced the door posts with pressure treated wood to take the stress of a door.

I've switched my wall material to Hardi backer boards.

IMG20220416141851.jpg

Got my LightRail installed.

Photone did a beta version of their app for me to allow a 3 minute sample average reading for the moving light.

I still have to do some cord management.

IMG20220426133128.jpg

Back