Outdoor New Balcony OutGrow Chemdog, Afgan kush ryder, ak49, northern lights

Reaction score
Hello Afn I just started a grow on my balcony. I dont have a clue about how and what should I expect.
I use 18 L Pots. temp 32C to 21C at night. My seedlings are in day 7 and are extremely delayed comparing to lamp grow.
Please anybody any Hints and advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance AFN:bighug:

Attachments

• 2015-05-04 19.28.02.jpg
    2015-05-04 19.28.02.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 2015-05-07 17.16.36.jpg
    2015-05-07 17.16.36.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 2015-05-07 17.16.55.jpg
    2015-05-07 17.16.55.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Nice one Pete....Watch out for soil temp, if soil is too hot this will delay growth. A layer of mulch on top of soil and if the pots are getting alot of direct sun, surround them with cardboard or hessian cloth to insulate & shade the pots. I would also consider using some 30 or 50% shade cloth cover for plants <2 weeks old on very hot days till they harden up, easy to scorch seedings in hot sun. Good luck bro

Thanks alot mate for your advice I did not consider these things this is why i start afresh the seedling are stunted and I just left them on the balcony in the hands of `nature. But I am going to take care of these things you mentioned on my new sprouts.
Happy Grow bro

Seen as your temps seem already quite high (I don't know where you are or how much warmer it's likely to get) A trick I've used to protect indoor plants (chilli plants which are grown indoors for the 1st year in plastic pots) is to place the pots inside a larger clay container - the sun heats up the clay container keeping the plants warm - but without baking the roots in the pots that are placed within them. I realise for large pots of weed we're looking at pretty big clay containers - but on a balcony grow with a lot of sun it might be worth consideration. You can also use clay pots on their own - the clay sucks moisture from the soil which evaporates cooling the pots << but I wouldn't recommend this as the extra watering is a nightmare and it's easy to mess up fertilizing as the pots are loosing water but not the fertilizer 'salts'.

Back