New AF Grower in need of advice =)

Reaction score
First off I want to say Hiya and Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this forum!! :bighug:

I am a new grower of Autos so I think I may have information overload. lol I am an avid gardener though, so I have some knowledge in that, but I have come to find out this is a different beast altogether. My ladies are at around (crappy record keeping, 1st lesson learned!) 68 days. I have no idea what the strain is, as they were just gifted to me. I am at a total loss, what is going on after reading and reading. Anyway, if someone could take a look at them and give me a push in the right direction I would be so very grateful! Here are some before and after pics of the girls. Within 10 days this is what's going on.

I have had them on an 18/6 light schedule, feeding has been with Fox Farms trio and looking at my poorly written journal. I switched from 600 ppm Grow Big to 1070 ppm Tiger Bloom with onset of flowers. A day after taking the first pics I went to 750 ppm of Big Bloom. A week later is when the yellowing started and has progressed since.

Like I said I am a first time grower and this is all new to me. Thank you so much for any help you can offer. I sure would hate to lose these ladies over something stupid I did.

:sadcry:

Attachments

• 2_7_20 (1).JPG
    2_7_20 (1).JPG
    746.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 2_17_20 (3).JPG
    2_17_20 (3).JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 52
First off I want to say Hiya and Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this forum!! :bighug:

I am a new grower of Autos so I think I may have information overload. lol I am an avid gardener though, so I have some knowledge in that, but I have come to find out this is a different beast altogether. My ladies are at around (crappy record keeping, 1st lesson learned!) 68 days. I have no idea what the strain is, as they were just gifted to me. I am at a total loss, what is going on after reading and reading. Anyway, if someone could take a look at them and give me a push in the right direction I would be so very grateful! Here are some before and after pics of the girls. Within 10 days this is what's going on.

I have had them on an 18/6 light schedule, feeding has been with Fox Farms trio and looking at my poorly written journal. I switched from 600 ppm Grow Big to 1070 ppm Tiger Bloom with onset of flowers. A day after taking the first pics I went to 750 ppm of Big Bloom. A week later is when the yellowing started and has progressed since.

Like I said I am a first time grower and this is all new to me. Thank you so much for any help you can offer. I sure would hate to lose these ladies over something stupid I did.

heya @Stormsmyst and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i'm no plant doc, but fwiw, one thing i do know is that short of literally takin a flamethrower to em, autoz are pretty much impossible to kill, so hey, u've got at least that much goin for ya, lol :coffee: hell, compared to ur'z, the leaf look my own plantz alwayz get would make u cringe, haha :rofl: but hey, i'm a lazy grower, and as long as the budz continue to build, that'z all that matterz to me & i don't really trip on it too much, lol :shrug: and well, there will no doubt be more precise answerz than mine given, lol, so hang tuff, don't despair & anything else u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
unnamed (4).jpg

heya @Stormsmyst and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i'm no plant doc, but fwiw, one thing i do know is that short of literally takin a flamethrower to em, autoz are pretty much impossible to kill, so hey, u've got at least that much goin for ya, lol :coffee: hell, compared to ur'z, the leaf look my own plantz alwayz get would make u cringe, haha :rofl: but hey, i'm a lazy grower, and as long as the budz continue to build, that'z all that matterz to me & i don't really trip on it too much, lol :shrug: and well, there will no doubt be more precise answerz than mine given, lol, so hang tuff, don't despair & anything else u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:View attachment 1160205

=) Thank you, 420Forever! Good to know they are that indestructible :jump: I guess this is just a learning experience, much like anything else. So I think I will stop stressing about it and just go with it. :bighug:

I guess this is just a learning experience, much like anything else.

yup, that'z exactly what it is -> grow, learn, grow again ;) u hafta remember that from the day they break ground, the clock is ticking for autoz...they live hard, fast & def on their own termz, lol :doh: but, the simple moral of the story is that as long as they can be kept alive, they will finish, they will give yield, and that'z all that really matterz :thumbsup: of course, that ain't alwayz good nuff for the more exacting of growerz, lol, but it workz jus fine for me, with jarz full o' killer bud to prove it, so...:jointman: ppp

I see what looks like N, P, and K deficiencies in different plants which leads me to suspect PH but first are you using the nutrients per the vendor's charts?

So for example week 5 you use 2 tsp. of grow and 1 tsp. each of micro and bloom mixed per gallon of water together and feed to the plant at the same time. Because it sounds like you are feeding separately on different days?

ScreenHunter_248 Feb. 17 22.05.jpg

I also just noticed their PPMs is on the Truncheon (700) scale you may need to convert it to Hanna (500) scale.

PPM-EC-CF.jpg

I see what looks like N, P, and K deficiencies in different plants which leads me to suspect PH but first are you using the nutrients per the vendor's charts?

So for example week 5 you use 2 tsp. of grow and 1 tsp. each of micro and bloom mixed per gallon of water together and feed to the plant at the same time. Because it sounds like you are feeding separately on different days?

View attachment 1160246
Oh boy, I see what I did now.

I am so used to growing herbs, veggies annuals etc., that I thought I didn't realize you have to feed them so intensely. Ugh. Well I suppose the good thing is I can fix this issue starting right now! Since I am using the trio from Fox Farms, does this mean I need to mix them together? I think I am way over my head with these darlings. This is truly a science and I am in awe of all you that do this. I just found the chart for my stuff and yea, that explains alot.

Thank you so much ManOGreen!! I think you may have just saved my girls!!! :bighug:
:yay::yay1:

ManOGreen stated:
"I also just noticed their PPMs is on the Truncheon (700) scale you may need to convert it to Hanna (500) scale."

If you are going to measure PPM this is very important. You need to know if your pen is using the 500 or 700 scales and also what scale the nutrient manufacture is using. I would definitely learn the math on how this is figured as that will
empower you greatly. Wrong pen, mixed with wrong fert scale can spell disaster.

I dont know if that is nutrient lock out due to PH or burn. Have you considered a PH correct flush? Then next feeding make sure you have the PPM figured out.

Also: Manufacturers want to sell product. The recommended dose is often at the very high end of tolerance. I do not use liquids so perhaps someone else can comment. You may consider 1/2 dose. One thing I do know is you have to get to know your plants. They will tell you what they need. If you have multiple strains one may take the full dose just fine. Another may need less. In my experience when dealing with product less is more. I would ease into the nutes. You can always up it if they are responding well. Trying to correct too much at once will make you nuts as you can cause other issues in that effort.

Finally the environment is vital. Plants adapt very well but they need consistency. If your environment is not dialed in then get that done. Temp, RH, air movement, air exchange and or Co2... Apparently you can NEVER let them get ANY light during dark period.

I hope this helps. I am relatively new to Autos as well. I have been researching like crazy. I have a hundred questions myself.

GL

Oh boy, I see what I did now.

I am so used to growing herbs, veggies annuals etc., that I thought I didn't realize you have to feed them so intensely. Ugh. Well I suppose the good thing is I can fix this issue starting right now! Since I am using the trio from Fox Farms, does this mean I need to mix them together? I think I am way over my head with these darlings. This is truly a science and I am in awe of all you that do this. I just found the chart for my stuff and yea, that explains alot.

Thank you so much ManOGreen!! I think you may have just saved my girls!!! :bighug:
:yay::yay1:
Yes, you mix the nutrients together in the water. Some nutrient vendors have a very specific order to add the nutrients when mixing. Never mix the concentrates together.

Ok so lets do this next time you fertigate - do so at 50% strength and fertigate to 30% run-off. The idea is we want to get the nutrients in the pot back to better balance. The vendor has flushes included in their schedule so you should follow their instructions on that! IMPO flushing is a last resort used to fix poor fertigating practices. They know their products best!

Do you have a PH soil probe. You should know the PH in the root zone where it counts. Get an Accurate 8 or a Blue Lab soil probe (be sure to get the right one as Blue Lab has several styles). Using run-off is notoriously inaccurate.

Yes, you mix the nutrients together in the water. Some nutrient vendors have a very specific order to add the nutrients when mixing. Never mix the concentrates together.

Ok so lets do this next time you fertigate - do so at 50% strength and fertigate to 30% run-off. The idea is we want to get the nutrients in the pot back to better balance. The vendor has flushes included in their schedule so you should follow their instructions on that! IMPO flushing is a last resort used to fix poor fertigating practices. They know their products best!

Do you have a PH soil probe. You should know the PH in the root zone where it counts. Get an Accurate 8 or a Blue Lab soil probe (be sure to get the right one as Blue Lab has several styles). Using run-off is notoriously inaccurate.

Will do! My PH tester for soil will be here tonight, along with Cal-mag and jewelers loop. I have my other nutrients coming on Thursday (seems like forever). What I did yesterday is watered them thoroughly, hopefully that won't screw things up too much. I will follow the 50% to 30% run off as you suggested. How long after that should I start to see improvement? Also, should I go to full strength after they do? Sorry for all the questions.

I am way less freaked now and see it as a learning experience. I as so happy to have found this forum.

Back