Grow Room My Smart Micro Grow Box: 2016 update

Reaction score
Hi all,

In 2015 I posted that after 10 years I was looking to get back in the game with some autofem's (thread link).
Things have been moving quite slowly as trying to jam a grow room in a tiny box has quite a number of challenges, but we are getting closer to an actual product.

What we set up to do was basically build a tiny grow box that would not look out of place if left in plain sight. It had to do 3 things, take care of the smell, be silent and keep all the light in. All whilst been small af.

In the end we made a modular cubic module that fits the most sold piece of furniture in the world, the Ikea Kallax line.

The box works but doesn't look pretty yet. We are on it ;) So far with 1000 different fuckups we have managed to make 18.4g of dried bud.

This is what it looks like. Sorry about all the text, we are now building our first 10 beta kits, and have a competition going on on Instagram if you are interested.

Would love to hear your feedback as this forum is what got me started again :)

Attachments

• share competition small.jpg
    share competition small.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
This is amazing @Project Kubus and we even have this exact furniture at home (who doesnt) hahaha
Would love to see this come to live and find out more about it, eg. how 'smart' and so on.

Keep it up! :slap:

I would like to give you some additional ideas if that's ok. I also live in an apartment. I also have to be somewhat stealthy. I also like the inexpensive Ikea furniture.

My cabinet is made from an Ikea Galant storage cabinet. The cabinet is 80 cm x 45 cm x 120 cm. That's a 4" Active Air fan and a 4 x 8 Phresh filter. The cabinet is lined with Reflectix reflective insulation which is held on with 2" wide industrial strength Velcro. I have a 135 watt quantum board led light which hangs from eyelet bolts in the top of the cabinet. In the picture, there's a 14.6 L air pot, but I've switched to 2 6.4 L nursery pots to keep my plants small.

View media item 12722
I am more than happy to post more photos or answer any questions that you might have.

To bad you could not put the phresh filter outside and invert the inline and draw the smell and heat out the top but you must remain stealth nice set up. Once you have it dialed right in it will grow a lot of bud. I like to see when you start some seeds and a grow journal

Back