My second AF grow will be in a semi tropical continental climate of high humidity

Reaction score
Hello, I am preparing my next grow and will order seeds in a day or two. I have settle on the fact that I will need to grow a sativa or sativa indica. Where I live the humid will be over 60% until end of September. Already in the last few weeks several days over 95f. Today the uv was in the extreme at 11. Currently at midnight the humid is 82% and hasn't rained in over a week.
Said all that to get you suggestions on what to grow. I need a nice airy sativa leaning plant. Any suggestions? I am considering NY Diesel as one. I would like to do two different kinds. I would like to do 6 plants.
What I need to do is to build a sun screen. Sun screen runs up to 100% block. I am considering a 40% block. What you guys think? I use super pots and have purchased some pallets so they can get circulation all around. Any nutrient ideas that might help them to cope with the stress?
I have at my disposal some nice bamboo poles (3 in dia. bass). I am considering building a tepee, pyramid or a-frame to cover with the cloth. I would like it to be strong enough to handle vinyle this winter if need arise. Any body got some ideas on how to build. I have my own. I can tie the poles with the bamboo limbs or I was thinking connect with bolt and wing nut so I can take it down. The area is a 10 x 11 slab.

Thank you raz

Gaz , Auto or photo . I live in the tropics .

Mephisto s.o.d.k has been great for me :thumbsup:. Nice big plants that don't seem to worried about the heat and seem to have fairly good bug and mould resistance. It's a pretty nice all day toke as well!! I have humidity in the +60% range and temps are pretty crazy most of my growing season here and she does well for me :toke:
20190409_111040.jpg
20181130_110536.jpg
20181130_110631.jpg

Mephisto s.o.d.k has been great for me :thumbsup:. Nice big plants that don't seem to worried about the heat and seem to have fairly good bug and mould resistance. It's a pretty nice all day toke as well!! I have humidity in the +60% range and temps are pretty crazy most of my growing season here and she does well for me :toke:

Does she leg up and spread out like that naturally, or did you train her to do that? I'm in a very, very humid Louisiana, so getting as much air as possible outdoors to the plant is extremely important. Really beautiful bud confirmation there, nice job, thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for the kind words pal :toke:. I lst them to let as much air and light in as possible. She's a pretty easy strain to grow not pissy about nutrients or much else and has a pretty good structure naturally. Seems to handle the high humidity pretty well also :thumbsup:. All of the ones I have grown have produced over a quarter pound each!!
Does she leg up and spread out like that naturally, or did you train her to do that? I'm in a very, very humid Louisiana, so getting as much air as possible outdoors to the plant is extremely important. Really beautiful bud confirmation there, nice job, thanks for sharing this.

Have you guys checked out the maximizing autos outdoors article in the articles and tutorials section?

Hello, I am preparing my next grow and will order seeds in a day or two. I have settle on the fact that I will need to grow a sativa or sativa indica. Where I live the humid will be over 60% until end of September. Already in the last few weeks several days over 95f. Today the uv was in the extreme at 11. Currently at midnight the humid is 82% and hasn't rained in over a week.
Said all that to get you suggestions on what to grow. I need a nice airy sativa leaning plant. Any suggestions? I am considering NY Diesel as one. I would like to do two different kinds. I would like to do 6 plants.
What I need to do is to build a sun screen. Sun screen runs up to 100% block. I am considering a 40% block. What you guys think? I use super pots and have purchased some pallets so they can get circulation all around. Any nutrient ideas that might help them to cope with the stress?
I have at my disposal some nice bamboo poles (3 in dia. bass). I am considering building a tepee, pyramid or a-frame to cover with the cloth. I would like it to be strong enough to handle vinyle this winter if need arise. Any body got some ideas on how to build. I have my own. I can tie the poles with the bamboo limbs or I was thinking connect with bolt and wing nut so I can take it down. The area is a 10 x 11 slab.

Thank you raz

look into Dinafems Auto White widow XXL...its very good against mold and a large auto..the last i grew out was 43" in height

Back