Outdoor My grow

I hope I didn't burn them out. I was following directions, except for the dried blood.

That would be my luck.... Dang!

When I use to plant directly into soil, when I 1st started growing it would take up to a week before mine would break ground. ProMix BX is great for starting your seeds in. I use the paper towel method for germination then when i see the tap root I plant them Rapid Rooters tail down. With in 3 days they sprout and I will get them planted in ProMix.

I agree with the Pro-Mix, but the nearest retailer for it is a long way away and the shipping prices are killer.

Lets hope I didn't burn them out. I also germinated them in a paper towel until they had a little tail showing and then I planted and watered them. I have watered them within the last day or so as well.

Hopefully I am just impatient and they'll poke their little heads up within the next couple of days... Keep your fingers crossed for me because I don't think I have enough time to order more and plant them outside to get some buds at this point.

If you want, and only if you want (some people advise against it, but I do it all the time) you could peel away a little dirt on the top to see if there's anything happening. How far down did you put the seeds? When I first started gardening years ago, that was my major problem. I planted seeds too deep. Now, I put seeds right into rapid rooters that have been soaked in pH'd water with a touch of superthrive and they sprout inside of 3-4 days. No paper towel or soaking or anything. 100% germ thus far over about 50 seeds. But I tend to break the middle of the rapid rooter so I can peek inside to see if they've sprouted. Since I remove and toss the plug anyways, I don't mind destroying it.

I meant to ask about how deep you planted as well.

I am scrambling at this point. Do you know anything about the strain "Sweet Seeds Fast Bud?"

I may order some of them tomorrow siince it says seed to harvest in 7 1/2 weeks.

I may also order some "Auto Russian Rocket Fuel" since that also has a relatively quick grow time.

Any other suggestions?

I don't want to be budless this winter if at all possible!

I plant my seeds in Jiffy Cubes but pro mix in peat pots is good also. I don't presoak as fresh seeds don't seem to need it in my opinion. I plant much more shallow than the rest of you guys. Less than 1/4 of and inch. I just poke a small hole in the jiffy cube with the end of a pencil drop the seed in and put a little dry peat moss on top. Less than 1/4 of an inch. I like the dry peat moss because it lets air get down to the seed which I think helps. Oh well there are probably many ways that all work and just sharing mine. I plant about 35 seeds a month so I do it a lot.

That's what I do as well, plant shallow in jiffy pucks & dome. W/ seeds from seed banks this works well but my seed I made seems to be extra hard. When they do finally pop the leave a skin over the seed leaves & unless removed it will kill the plant. My germ'ing procedure has changed drasticly & is more along the line of what Jackal describes.

Back