New Grower My first autoflower grow!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my very first attempt of growing autoflower cannabis.

I assembled a 3' x 3' wooden frame tent covered with black (outside) and reflective white (inside) mylar sheeting. Height is around 6 feet. After a lot of research I decided to go for the VIPAR 450W reflector (5W Bridglux LED).

For my first grow I went with Northern Lights from NirvanaShop. I bought 5 seeds but I decided to germinate 3 of them till now just in case I do something wrong. Seeds were placed in water for 2 days and then panted directly in 5 gallon fabric pots.

I used the following media pots for all the 3 pots:

2 parts Miracled Gro Peat Free compost
1 part Levington Organic Soil
3 parts Perlite
3 parts Vermiculite

It's been almost 20 days now from germination and these are the photos of my first babes :) I have noticed that not all are growing at the same size. Light schedule is 18/6.
20160410_110725.jpg
20160410_110733.jpg
20160410_110737.jpg
20160410_110743.jpg
20160410_110750.jpg
20160410_110754.jpg
20160410_110802.jpg

I will be giving them no nutrients for growth and Tomorite for flowering (eventually). Any other suggestions are appreciated. THANKS!!

Nice healthy looking plants.

From what I have read and from the one grow I have done, it's normal for autos to grow at different speeds. Some seeds are just better than others I think.

You should be about to see rapid growth upwards, usually starts at about week 3

Nice healthy looking plants.

From what I have read and from the one grow I have done, it's normal for autos to grow at different speeds. Some seeds are just better than others I think.

You should be about to see rapid growth upwards, usually starts at about week 3

Thanks for your reply mate....

My only concern is that two of the plants have their petioles slightly declined instead of standing straight (horizontal). Can it be the cause for overwater or the LED fixture is too close??

I think drooping is normally over watering or under watering and they don't look underwatered so I would say let them dry out a little and see how they do. Although they are looking good to me

Auto's like a good wet/dry cycle from what I can gather from experienced growers.

I can't comment on the led as I'm running hps.

I'm a noob so hopefully someone more experienced can guide you more but happy to help with what I can.

How far the leds away, some people let them grow to the leds rather than keep raising them as they grow, I would go with between 24 - 30 inches. They look really healthy and green, subbed for this one :smoking:

Last edited:
Back