New Grower My first Auto grow

Day 17
Nov 30
Fimmed all plants between the 4th and 5th nodes. Sterilized scissors with IPA between cuts. Seemed to go well...
20221130_110837.jpg
20221130_110433.jpg

I've been struggling with growing in soil since the beginning....I gave up and switched to a 4/1 perlite/vermiculite hempy style grow. I won't go back now I think. Fox Farms 3 part nutes, or Jack's, whatever you give it, I just ph to 6.1, water every few days and im done trying to re-invent the wheel. That's a Fast buds Zkittles at day 38 - and let me tell you, she started out ROUGH.....still bounced back in the hempy.
View attachment 1547042
View attachment 1547044
She looks great!!!
IIRC back in the 90s there was a lot of concern over vermiculite. Wasn't it mined in such a way it contained asbestos or asbestos like fibers? I know I stopped using it back then and I thought there was some sorta law suit at the time. Of course my guess is that by now they've changed the way it's done????
I think that hempy mix was what we used to use for cuttings back then to make clones

Last edited:
Day 21
Dec 4
Started LST
Much thanks to @Frank the Dank I'm going to be using Mega Crop 1 part fertilizer along with Sweet Candy and following his fertilizing regime!
Add MC 1/2 tsp/gal (1/2 strength) watered each plant with 1 qt of this.
400 PPFD 78F 50% RH
Still struggling with condensation. I have added a new tent fan in addition the exhaust fan.
20221204_115441.jpg

Last edited:
Day 28
Dec 11
Fertilized with Mega Crop 1 part 3/4 tsp/gal (3/4 strength), 1 quart /plant.
No sign of nute burn nice healthy color.
Increased LST to branch out with 4 main stems.
500 PPFD still 20/4, 55% RH. Still struggling with condensation trying various configurations of intake and exhaust setups

20221204_115441.jpg

Day 32
Dec 15
Plants responding well to the Fimm and LST. Just starting to see minor signs of flowering.
Finally got condensation under control. 1 intake vent, 1 exhaust vent same side as intake with exhaust fan on opp side from those set on low. And a thin cotton t shirt over exhaust piping of fan to reduce flow rate .
600 PPFD 73F 60%RH. Ignore the temp/humidity sensor reading in the image both drop as soon as I open the tent.
20221215_135738.jpg

20221215_135858.jpg

Hi,
This is a thread on my first time dedicated to growing autos! This will be a run of 6 seeds all ak47 auto fems. I wanted to try sativa's as autos since around here outdoor grows that go long are difficult with our really wet fall weather.View attachment 1547006
You are way ahead of the curve with that bud already growing out of the seed packet. Much luck rest of the way.

I tried to smoke it but I gotta say it tasted like shit :rofl:

Last edited:
Dec 15
Plants responding well to the Fimm and LST. Just starting to see minor signs of flowering.
Finally got condensation under control. 1 intake vent, 1 exhaust vent same side as intake with exhaust fan on opp side from those set on low. And a thin cotton t shirt over exhaust piping of fan to reduce flow rate .
600 PPFD 73F 60%RH. Ignore the temp/humidity sensor reading in the image both drop as soon as I open the tent.
View attachment 1547059
View attachment 1547060
You are blowing my mind with the condensation since I grow in a basement in very similar conditions I have never had my tents condensate. I run my exhaust out the top of the tent and just use the lower vents as a passive intake but also do have a intake fan on my larger tent that is hooked to inkbird controller that will only kick on when RH get's above 55% (only turns on during peak flower) The only thing I can think is to try to get your lung room(space outside the tent) temp up into the 70's mine runs around 70--80 depending on time of year.. Also possible try getting the temp up in the tent what you need to watch is dew point try to stay as far away as possible

also here for the ride looking great :headbang::toke::pass:

You are blowing my mind with the condensation since I grow in a basement in very similar conditions I have never had my tents condensate. I run my exhaust out the top of the tent and just use the lower vents as a passive intake but also do have a intake fan on my larger tent that is hooked to inkbird controller that will only kick on when RH get's above 55% (only turns on during peak flower) The only thing I can think is to try to get your lung room(space outside the tent) temp up into the 70's mine runs around 70--80 depending on time of year.. Also possible try getting the temp up in the tent what you need to watch is dew point try to stay as far away as possible

also here for the ride looking great :headbang::toke::pass:
So it's finally under control no more condensation. However I now have 1 intake and 2 exhausts. Interestingly it was always just 1 side on the tent where condensation would form and that's the side opposite my furnace. So maybe that side has the coldest exposure??? B4 I read about VPD I just ran the fan on high and honestly didn't care that my RH was around 40. But because of reading about VPD I realized I really wanted a higher %RH.
Even at like 78F b4 it would form condensation pretty rapidly on the back wall.
The thin t shirt slowed the air exchange rate and the passive exhuast vent on the back wall above the intake seems to have helped. I even ran the air intake "duct" to the middle of the tent to keep the cooler air away from that back wall.
Currently with this set up my temps fluctuate from say 73 to 76 and the % RH from say 56 to 60.

20221216_170004.jpg
20221216_170027.jpg
20221216_170048.jpg
20221216_170050.jpg
20221216_170120.jpg

Back