My Blue Dreamatic needs diagnosing!

Smoke em if you got em

I like weed.
Reaction score
Hello wonderful AFN peeps! My first post here, Ive been soaking up knowledge for a couple of months and started my 1st grow. I have a Bruce Banner and a Banana Daddy growing along side my Blue dreamatic and they aren't showing the brown spots. I'm growing in soil/coco mix and using the FoxFarm veg and flower nutes trio and cal mag all as instructed on the bottles and under a 2022 sf2000 led and a TM Lapy 2000w led growlight in an roughly 3x3ft basement shower stallI that is never used. I was previously overwatering everyone in the room and they got pretty yellowed but caught it in time and they are bouncing back nice and greener in the newer growth but still appear a bit yellow. My TMLapy light also adds to the yellow tint in the pics but they aint as yeller as they appear I swear. Any advice or input on what I can do to help her out would be appreciated! Thanks for being great!!!!
20220601_201859.jpg
20220601_201855.jpg

Additional info - 3 gallon pots, water until plenty of runoff every 2 days usually. I water with tap water that I let sit for 24 hours to evaporate chlorine but I haven't got an accurate ph meter but will acquire on soon. Daytime temps right at 80 degrees give or take a degree, nighttime temps 69-70 degrees. Lights are currently 19" from plants. They are about 12" tall and 6 weeks , 2 days since the popped. I was wondering if having the entire length and width of the shower stall covered in grow lights and having the shower lined with mylar might be too much light for the space, is that even a thing?

Attachments

• 20220601_221247.jpg
    20220601_221247.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
First off, :welcome: to AFN!! Enjoy your stay here :toke:

Looks like you made a beginners mistake. Not to worry, you have plenty of plant to at least provide you with some nice nuggets.
Don't water the pots until they feel light. If you stick your finger in the soil and your tip feels wet and/or cold, there's still enough water in the soil to provide for your plants. Learn from this and try not to make the same mistake again :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

First off, :welcome: to AFN!! Enjoy your stay here :toke:

Looks like you made a beginners mistake. Not to worry, you have plenty of plant to at least provide you with some nice nuggets.
Don't water the pots until they feel light. If you stick your finger in the soil and your tip feels wet and/or cold, there's still enough water in the soil to provide for your plants. Learn from this and try not to make the same mistake again :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Thanks Bob! So do you think the overwatering could be the main cause for the brown spotting as well? I know the yellowing was most likely at least for the most part caused by the overwatering. Thanks for taking the time to help us aspiring bud farmers!

Thanks Bob! So do you think the overwatering could be the main cause for the brown spotting as well? I know the yellowing was most likely at least for the most part caused by the overwatering. Thanks for taking the time to help us aspiring bud farmers!
You're welcome buddy :cheers:
We've all been there, overwatering is so easy... It's been explained here like this. Fill your pots with soil or any other medium and weigh one. This is the lowest weight your pot can be. Now water the pot and take your time to do so until it comes dripping down the bottom. Weigh your pot again and subtract 1kg = 1L water. This is the maximum weight your pot can be.

Now a watering technique I've used with succes is to follow the width of the leaves as a measuring guide to where to water. Let me explain... Take a 7 gallon pot with a small seedling in it. If you water the pot as described above you will overwater very easily. So use the width of the leaves itself as a guide to where to water. In the example below I wouldn't go beyond the black circle...
20220304_131112_small.jpg

Water quality is a fundamental.....what kind of tap water...city?, well?.....it can really affect a grow and you'll chase your tail trying to figure it out....main reason a lot of us switch over to distilled or RO water....we basically know what's in it ( or more to the point, what's not in it)...another concern..soil/coco mix....what is the ratio, depending on the soil, there maybe some calcium/ magnesium already in it, maybe not enough for a full grow, but you really can't gauge how much reading the bags....My main point is, the less variables you start with, the easier it is to chase down problems....Much to be said for KISS.....good luck brother. :baked:

Water quality is a fundamental.....what kind of tap water...city?, well?.....it can really affect a grow and you'll chase your tail trying to figure it out....main reason a lot of us switch over to distilled or RO water....we basically know what's in it ( or more to the point, what's not in it)...another concern..soil/coco mix....what is the ratio, depending on the soil, there maybe some calcium/ magnesium already in it, maybe not enough for a full grow, but you really can't gauge how much reading the bags....My main point is, the less variables you start with, the easier it is to chase down problems....Much to be said for KISS.....good luck brother. :baked:
Good points, I'm def gonna start using distilled water from here on out starting with the next watering. It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement in the next couple weeks and if there is It will be nice to know the tap water was ta likely culprit. Thanks!

Good points, I'm def gonna start using distilled water from here on out starting with the next watering. It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement in the next couple weeks and if there is It will be nice to know the tap water was ta likely culprit. Thanks!
It was in my first grow...MoG clued me in on that..

Full strength Fox Farm nutes can reach 3.8ec or 1900ppm. I wouldn’t go by bottle doses with autos. Look up the feedchart and dilute closer to 1.2ec and adjust from there.

Too High EC will cause the plant not to be able to use water and nutrients properly, which would be compounded by any overwatering.

I used to always use distilled water but then the last 3 years been using tap water left out overnight and have seen no different outcomes accept ph was a bit higher than distilled water

Back